Awakening - liquid(y)

lasiien

Meh
Hiya folks, looking for feedback on my current WIP in my sig. Thinking it's mostly there at the moment but want to borrow some other peoples ears. It's a liquid track but with a slightly heavier edge (I hope).

Thanks for any feedback :)

I really liked the intro but when the piano-chords kicked in it kind of ruined the feeling a bit I'm afraid. Its a bit too dry imo (and a bit off perhaps? maybe its just the feeling that it gives).

Also, I'd like some more "structure" in the high freqs of the bass, maybe ease up some on the distortion.

Besides all that I think its quite nice :) That pad is beautiful!

Nice tune bro, JimpaDirt is right, you messed up piano chords, they are bit off, but rest of the work is just nicely done, that bass was cool too :). Try to EQ your piano next time.

Thanks for the comments JimpaDirt and RunningWolf. I agree about the piano especially that it's a bit dry, I had felt that myself and should trust my insticts more. The chords should be good, but I've probably overdone some detuning and chorus to make it a little different, and perhaps some EQ may help as well like you say, It's still a WIP so can be fixed :)

I know what you're saying about the bass but I wanted something a little heavier than your average liquid bass, but thanks for the comment and I'll have a look at the top end of it again.

Cheers both :)

Split the piano in two channels. Put some delay and reverb on the 2nd channel problem fixed. The mix is not all that great on the drop either, but don't worry about that to much mixing comes with time for most of us. The over feeling of the track is nice and up lifting, a bit bitter sweet too. Thanks for posting.

Split the piano in two channels. Put some delay and reverb on the 2nd channel problem fixed. The mix is not all that great on the drop either, but don't worry about that to much mixing comes with time for most of us. The over feeling of the track is nice and up lifting, a bit bitter sweet too. Thanks for posting.

Hey thanks for delay trick, i am also working on some liquid dnb stuff and i think this will suite my new track well.

Cheers IV4, I'll try that with the piano. For the mix at the drop did you mean the 2nd drop? in which case the release on the bass hangs around a bit too long and that muddies things a bit, I'll clean that up I think. Cheers for the feedback :)

Nice one mate, I personally prefer the harder stuff but this sounds really well produced and the mix is spot on. :)

Back
Top Bottom