AW003: BAD BOYS REMIX / ALL NIGHT LONG

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by AudioWarfare, Jun 21, 2011.

1. AudioWarfare

AudioWarfare New Member

[​IMG]

DJ STEPPA PRESENTS AUDIO WARFARE #3 -

Artist: Northern Lights & Serum / Northern Lights Feat. Bad Education
    Track A: Bad Boys (Serial Killaz Remix)
    Track AA: All Night Long
    Label: Audio Warfare
    Cat: AW003
    Released: 20th June 2011
    Format: 12"/MP3/WAV

They say ‘third time’s a charm’, and for the Third addition to Steppa’s Audio Warfare catalogue - it goes without saying that Northern Lights’ new epic release All Night Long is definitely a real charmer (to say the least!).

Once again, an infusion of heavyweight basslines and intelligent melodies make All Night Long a real stomper that will never go unnoticed in any dance. The intro leaves you waiting in anticipation, laying the foundations for a drop so powerful it is sure to damage a few ear-drums. Another well-thought-out addition to the label that is a given result of clever and sharp production techniques, once again championed by Steppa and Kitcha and this time alongside newly formed production outfit Bad Education, veterans to the industry since the early nineties also hailing from the North of the UK.

The cherry on top would have to be on the flip to All Night Long, with a remix of the Serum & Northern Lights’ smasher Bad Boys, by none other than the remix-dons themselves Serial Killaz. Renowned for their futuristic Jungle-style production, Serial Killaz take a break from the norm and show a different and more upfront approach to drum and bass. A very healthy addition to the release and an absolute smasher that make the purchase of this Double A Side a no-brainer.

Steppa and Kitcha’s habitual tendencies to combine clean, well produced jump-up drum and bass under their Northern Lights guise further distances them from the majority on the scene, fully demonstrated again in All Night Long and making their 3rd release a very welcome addition to this week’s releases. With their last release Danger a proven testament to the quality of their production having smashed its way to No1 in the D&BA download charts, my expectations of these two will only get higher and the news of every new release through Audio Warfare is music to my ears.

Grab yourself a copy of AW003, released 20.06.2011 through Audio Warfare. Available from all good online digital outlets and record stores or online now at http://www.audiowarfare.co.uk

Words: Sam Whitmore

Featured Drum & Bass Track(s) at Trackitdown -
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

Remix steps up a fair bit compared to the original, also like the flip very very much, nice release!:lighter:

3. OHMYDAYS

OHMYDAYS Member

OUTSTANDING! ITS ALL ABOUT ALL NIGHT LONG! STEPPA AND KITCHA PLEASE KEEP THE JUNGLE COMING!!! YOUR KILLIN IT

4. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

feeling All Night Long

but the bad boys remix is pretty gash.. sounds like a 2007 amateur jumpup tune, serial killaz, i am disappoint

5. knucklez

knucklez Member

released 20th june? i picked this up well over a week ago from my teeny local vinyl shop :S

anyway, loving all night long. big tune.

6. harrybizzle

harrybizzle Flyin Squad/Team Overload

All Night Long is my summer tune so far. brings nice vibes

7. ThePapa

ThePapa Suffragette City..

Bagged already! Great bit of vinyl...love the Serial Killaz remix. Flips okay nothing special...

8. Jon Doe

Jon Doe Member

Well, I got Greylox 'Call The Cops' back in 93 and loved the sample then (and was pleased it only took me 2 mins to remember the name when I saw this thread).
    The new version is massive as well. Marc Smith the hardcore Dj is playing yours at the moment.

Greylox 'Call the cops'
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn24xA1oZK4

9. ThePapa

ThePapa Suffragette City..

Respect!

10. DA BRICK

DA BRICK Member

all night long is quality