Auxiliary Weight, Shure Whitelabel Help!

Junglist_007

learning difficulties
VIP Junglist
Hiya people, Do i use auxiliary weight that screws into back of tone arm. I got set Technics MK5G recently, im using Shure Whitelabels. I looked in Technics mannual but just confused me, i can't find my Whitelabel mannuals. I want get best performance outta my setup. So thought get some advice from you guys, lot people must have same setup as me. I'm not scratch DJ, i just mix. Cheers :)

Basicly I got told you need to make it so the counter weight (weight that screws on to tone arm) balances evenly with the cartridge and tone arm, then set that as 0 on your counter weight, then you to turn it from there to your desired weight, which I think is normally about 2.5 could be wrong tho...

^^^^ that is spot on the mark...

I just checked on the "kompuuutar" and mr. internets said that the tracking weight on a sure whitelabel is 2 grams...

There's a video tutorial on Youtube on how to set the weight on you tone arm if you're still a bit lost, but it really is very simple...

yeh was gonna say exactly whats been posted already... so i shall not repeat... haha

you may find a slight bit more weight maybe needed than what they advise you from the factory.... what they recommend is for playing tunes etc.... not for a DJ who rewinds... scratches etc.... but if you find the needle lifting off the record... just move it slightly towards the hinge....

Yeah you're right Rock, I always find I need to turn it up just very slightly more than the tracking weight, spot on point mate, spot on...

^^^^ that is spot on the mark...

I just checked on the "kompuuutar" and mr. internets said that the tracking weight on a sure whitelabel is 2 grams...

There's a video tutorial on Youtube on how to set the weight on you tone arm if you're still a bit lost, but it really is very simple...

Have you got link to the video please. I cant seem to find it on youtube. Thanks for all replys. Nice one.

found it...

Here you go man - to be honest though this guy really overcomplicates things, he's a bit of a twat but he does post a lot of vids on DJing and equipment...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hgdyWXUFqA

Basically adjust the weight till the arm stays level, set the little dial on the weight to zero, then turn it to 2 grams (or, actually a little more, as discussed)

The auxiliary weight is only needed for really heavy carts.
Otherwise you can just use the normal counter weight.

found it...

Here you go man - to be honest though this guy really overcomplicates things, he's a bit of a twat but he does post a lot of vids on DJing and equipment...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hgdyWXUFqA

Basically adjust the weight till the arm stays level, set the little dial on the weight to zero, then turn it to 2 grams (or, actually a little more, as discussed)

Thanks greg nice 1 for link, im gonna set it up now. :)

Back
Top Bottom