AUTUM ROLLER -- rolling well?

maschinistom

VIP Junglist
Last edited:
Gayer than my Hello Kitty Butt Plug Collection.

great, at least one fan for this track :teeth:

DANCING-JAGUARS-FAN-GIF.gif

Sounding really nice m8!
But work on that mixdown!!
Also the horn in the intro is a bit meh. Not sure about it. Sounds to dry and doesnt really fit
Atleast the drums have a good amount of high end. Its like your layered drums sometimes miss the break but that might be me.
Im a fan of this one. Maybe add alot of reverb and delay on vox such as at 3:27 (the aahaah vocal) to create some spacey effect.
Maybe a idea to do this aswell with the doubled vox only a little less then with the aahaah if you know what I mean

Loving the feel of it! The piano and strings in the intro are sounding a little too "MIDI" if you get what I mean. I'd either layer them a bit more or add some effects to fix that otherwise :2thumbs:

Sounding really nice m8!
But work on that mixdown!!
Also the horn in the intro is a bit meh. Not sure about it. Sounds to dry and doesnt really fit
Atleast the drums have a good amount of high end. Its like your layered drums sometimes miss the break but that might be me.
Im a fan of this one. Maybe add alot of reverb and delay on vox such as at 3:27 (the aahaah vocal) to create some spacey effect.
Maybe a idea to do this aswell with the doubled vox only a little less then with the aahaah if you know what I mean

hey man, thanks for your detailed feedback. :2thumbs:
mixdown: what do you suggest to do? to me it sounds quite balanced and clear as of now ...
horn: I guess you mean the violin. u're right, sounds too dry, will change that ..
drums: easier break to work with this time :)
drums overlapping: not sure what you mean. you mean the retro-effect hats/beats .. those are overlapping end of bar naturally ...
vox: will look at applying some more FX here and then occasionally.

PS: does it sound too bright (master)?

Loving the feel of it! The piano and strings in the intro are sounding a little too "MIDI" if you get what I mean. I'd either layer them a bit more or add some effects to fix that otherwise :2thumbs:

hey m8, thanks !
yap, will work on those violin/strings.
thanks for pointing out! :2thumbs:

elo' boys, have been working on this track a bit ... I think I'm getting close to my final.

violin: added various fx.
vox: took out some parts to avoid overload.
basses: reduced a tiny bit for more low end clarity.
drums: slightly different EQing and lowered the drum break a bit.
master: turned everything a bit north to avoid distortion.

any additional input?
track clean & well balanced?

track link - AUTUMN ROLLER (version 22/9)

I recommend to put the violin a few db down. Maybe a little delay on the vox on like 50% on the mixer so it delays but not overpowers the original vocal.
Also if this is finished dont mind sending it to dnb forum podcast!
This tune is absolutly awesome man!

I recommend to put the violin a few db down. Maybe a little delay on the vox on like 50% on the mixer so it delays but not overpowers the original vocal.
Also if this is finished dont mind sending it to dnb forum podcast!
This tune is absolutly awesome man!

Thanks for ur suggestion, m8!
I'll defo look into that for the final version.
And, cheers for ur reminder for podcast! :2thumbs:

/Piano is nice running through track, the hats feel too loud possibly need a gate that is more severe- also are you bitcrushing lots? it sounds perhaps kind of like a very wet bitcrush to me on drums. overall, nice one- but would love to have more soul if possible, almost sounds a bit generic in a sense.

/Piano is nice running through track, the hats feel too loud possibly need a gate that is more severe- also are you bitcrushing lots? it sounds perhaps kind of like a very wet bitcrush to me on drums. overall, nice one- but would love to have more soul if possible, almost sounds a bit generic in a sense.
Cheers bro! I defo look into the drums again, planning to bring them further down, squeeze more central. There is no bitcrusher on them though. Thanks for ur feedback!
:2thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom