Automation Help Logic Pro 9

J-Rex

soundcloud.com/j-rex
VIP Junglist
Basically I want to put automation on a bit of audio, in this case flanger rate and pitch, going from low to high on just this bit of the track, I have done this previously (not sure if this is exactly how I should be doing it) by adding 2 nodes to the edge of my selected audio sample and dragging one side up to give a gradual slope, the problem I have now is when I drag up one side it brings up the other side so it stays a straight line across and I have no idea why, can anyone help??

forgive me if this is too obvious, but...

you might be clicking the line just to the side of the node, and not the node itself. i have noticed that logic can be a bit finicky with automation parameters, requiring a click in the EXACT right place.

yeah it can be finicky indeed and you cant be entirely exact all the time for some reason.
Maybe if you clicked in between the 2 nodes creating a third node, then creating a line going down from the first and then moving it along to the end of the audio sample?
Not sure if that would help....but if that fails, then change the automation setting from READ to TOUCH or LATCH and hit record, the manually input the automation...
After that, go into the automation bar and clean the old girl up...

ALRIGHT JAY, DIDNT KNOW YOU WERE ON THE FORUM.

THE BEST WAY TO DO IT IS TO USE "TOUCH" AND SIMPLY DO WHAT YOU WANT WITH THE DIAL ON TH FLANGER. IF YOU ARE SPUN OUT BY WHAT I MEAN THEN MESSAGE ME ON FACEBOOK AND ILL EXPLAIN IN BETTER DETAIL. OTHERWISE GO ON YOU TUBE AND TYPE IN "TOUCH AUTOMATION" AND THERE WILL BE A VIDEO SOMEWHERE.

ALSO ONE MORE THING, TYPE IN SFLOGICNINJA INTO YOUTUBE AND LOOK AT THIS GUYS VIDEOS!

THEY ARE ALL ON LOGIC AND THE MAN IS BLOODY LEGEND AS HE COVERS NEARLY ALL THE BASICS OF LOGIC!!

HOPE THIS HELPS FAM

nice one people managed to do it now, i might not have been clicking in the right place but i had seriously spent about half an hour just clicking away getting really pissed off and it wasn't working, when i restarted logic it worked though so all is good
cheers for the heads up on touch, i didn't actually know that was the way of manually inputting automation
been lurking on here for a while ed, been getting a bit more involved recently though, especially now i need all my rookie production questions answering, bigups for that youtube channel btw...subscribed

Back
Top Bottom