Automation and crunchy background noise

Busdriver

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with my automations:
When they are working, they develop a dirty background noise on my track.
Does anyone know where it comes from?

I'm using cubase sx2 and i use for exemple Voxengo GlissEQ (in insert effect mode)to put a highpass effect which gets out on time. I record my automation directly in the plugin matrix with my mouse while my track is playing.

I don't think it comes from my hardware since i use a Q9950 cpu with 2g ram @1333mhz and a pci/external rack E-mu 1820 soundcard. My latency is set @ 10ms and even if i put it upper, it doesn't resolve my problem.

Thanks

try a different eq and automate it...
can the problem be replicated...?

even steinberg EQs that come with
SX 2 would be fine...

Need a bit more info, is it all automation or just the e.q?
Are you additive eq'ing or subtractive? adding might be introducing renegade frequencies.

Maybe post up an example so we can get an idea of the problem.

Hi

Thanks for your answers.
Opcode i don't really understand you.
I heard about subtractive an additive notions but i don't know nothing about it. Can you explain it to me or give me a link to a tutorial about it?

Thanks again BTW.

Was just trying to get an idea if you were boosting or reducing with your eq automation.
Additive = Adding something.
Subtractive = Taking something away.

Doe the crunchy noise happen when you automate some other effect like a reverb or chorus?

Hey,

I'm puting a low pas which i close up gradually.
Sorry for the additive/subtractive notion, i heard about that for some synthetiser.
You're right, the crunch noise happens with barely all automation i try to do.
Maybe should i use the effects in another way? Maybe not as insert mode, maybe in send effect mode?
Or have you got any idea about that?

Hey,

I'm puting a low pas which i close up gradually.
Sorry for the additive/subtractive notion, i heard about that for some synthetiser.
You're right, the crunch noise happens with barely all automation i try to do.
Maybe should i use the effects in another way? Maybe not as insert mode, maybe in send effect mode?
Or have you got any idea about that?

Generally you should automating the cutoff knob on its own to affect whatever parameter's youve set within the filter's options. How do you go about automating in cubase? in FL you just have to right click the chosen knob and choose 'make automation clip', unless its a third partly plugin. Do you live in wales mate? (didnt check your sig)

Back
Top Bottom