Automating massive LFO according to key pressed/pitch

bullets12

i've been wondering for years how to do this and i bet its really simple...but how do u make the LFO rate in Massive increase in accordance with the key being pressed or the pitch of the synth? I know you can do this by resampling as audio, but I really wanna know how to do it from within the synth itself. Like how to make the lfo glide up to a faster rate as the pitch increases. u can hear it a lot here at around 1.45:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAAOJm5hNNE

would be grateful for any help :) thanks man

I can't believe you did look for it for years and you've not been able to find out how to do it...

If so, I think you don't even deserve that someone should tell you... Do you know how to use a synth?!

Anyway... First of all, what you hear on the track that you give as an example, it's just a very simple automation to the LFO speed, that Spor did to the synth. You can understand that because the pitch goes down and then goes back up, while the LFO, just goes slowing down...
That said...

Are you ready for the truth?... :)

Just look on the bottom right corner of the synth editor of Massive.
Right side from the inserts.
There is a box called "Macro Control"...
You see the small keyboard with the 4 yellow boxes?
Pick up the box which says "Ktr" and drop the mod control to the speed of the LFO that you use to modulate the filter or pitch... et voilà!
Now, the Key tracking control will change the speed of your LFO...

N.B: this kind of control routing can usually be found in more than 80% of software or hardware synthesizer!

Have a look to this page for more info http://www.massivesynth.com/tutorials/macro-control-panel-ni-massive-ktr-vel-trr/... and keep studying!!!

EDIT: I forgot... 10 quids for the tip! ;)

Last edited:
I can't believe you did look for it for years and you've not been able to find out how to do it...

If so, I think you don't even deserve that someone should tell you... Do you know how to use a synth?!

Anyway... First of all, what you hear on the track that you give as an example, it's just a very simple automation to the LFO speed, that Spor did to the synth. You can understand that because the pitch goes down and then goes back up, while the LFO, just goes slowing down...
That said...

Are you ready for the truth?... :)

Just look on the bottom right corner of the synth editor of Massive.
Right side from the inserts.
There is a box called "Macro Control"...
You see the small keyboard with the 4 yellow boxes?
Pick up the box which says "Ktr" and drop the mod control to the speed of the LFO that you use to modulate the filter or pitch... et voilà!
Now, the Key tracking control will change the speed of your LFO...

N.B: this kind of control routing can usually be found in more than 80% of software or hardware synthesizer!

Have a look to this page for more info http://www.massivesynth.com/tutorials/macro-control-panel-ni-massive-ktr-vel-trr/... and keep studying!!!

EDIT: I forgot... 10 quids for the tip! ;)

Should mention that i dont play around with massive/production very often, it's just a small hobby, but thanks alot for the tip! Dyou have an address for the 10 quid? hahah

Back
Top Bottom