automate lfo on nn-xt sampler

co0ke

windowlicker
VIP Junglist
somebody asked about this the other day but i can't remember where. you cant automate the lfos of the nnxt sampler (to my knowledge), but there is a way to get around this - route the audio through a thor and use its filter/lfo. assuming you already have your sample in the nnxt, this is how its done:

1. create a thor
2. press tab to flip the rack
3. wire the left and right audio output from the nnxt into the audio input 1 and audio input 2 of the thor.
4. make sure the thor audio left and right outputs are going to the mixer
5. flip back round, turn off thors oscillators. set filter three to low pass filter.
6. in the grid of thor, set it out like this
source: audio1 in amount: 100 dest: Filt3 L.In
source: audio2 in amount: 100 dest: Filt3 R.In
source: LFO2 amount: 100 dest: Filt3 Freq
7. when u play a note using the nnxt u should be able to hear it being modulated by the thor filter.
8. now u can edit the automation for lfo2 rate/amount/whatever!

11vr0uw.jpg

hope this helps someone :)

I love the Thor, it's just so awesome!

I especially like the routing options just above the step sequencer.

Hail to Reason

Edit: If your like me and like to keep everything organized in its own combinator remember to turn off the oscillators in Thor, so it doesn't play notes too.

Last edited:
on the left side of the nn-xt remote editor you can see the modulation

from left toright third bottom nob is the lfo rate turn in to 100% and press on X button

so you can edit automation x wheel of the nn-xt. make sure you put level on of the lfo1

and put on tempo sync you can all find this by clickin remote editor on the bottom left.

and tadaa magicly u can edit automation the lfo with your x wheel or the selcted wheel on your midi your welcome

Ghostt

keep it simple

Back
Top Bottom