Authentication Required

Spoox

VIP Junglist
Who else is getting this message because it's really pissing me off now & needs to be sorted. I get it every 10 seconds or so & it's asks for me to login to DnB Forum when i'm already signed in. I use Google Chrome & it's so bloody annoying i'm beginning to avoid using this site.

Can't believe you all like Firefox. It's the worst i've ever used. I used it for nearly 2 years. Freezing or very slow internet. Crashing 4-5 times a day. No it's not my set-up before anybody asks. It's perfectly fine for everything else. Been using Google Chrome for the last year & ain't had one problem until this.
It's gotta be to do with this site. "The Server dnbforum.com:80 requires username & password"

AHAHA so the browser which was crashing daily 4-5 times, you used for how long?

2 YEARS??

sounds like your computer is shit imo.

I should have worded that better. I got rid of it about a week after it began crashing daily. That's why i got rid of it. It worked ok to begin with. Google chrome is so much faster than every other browser i've used that's why i'm sticking with it. No my computer ain't shit. It works spot on for everything. The problem is this site with Google Chrome.

This happens with mine too, fucking annoying. Firefox was pissing me off and I wouldn't even think about going back to IE, I like Chrome, except for this one little niggle.

Can't believe you all like Firefox. It's the worst i've ever used. I used it for nearly 2 years. Freezing or very slow internet. Crashing 4-5 times a day. No it's not my set-up before anybody asks. It's perfectly fine for everything else. Been using Google Chrome for the last year & ain't had one problem until this.
It's gotta be to do with this site. "The Server dnbforum.com:80 requires username & password"
Ya I was using an old version of Firefox forever, but I was getting really pissed at how slow it was at times and I knew my connection was ok, so I hestitantly upgraded to the new version (I hate upgrading any computer programs in general b/c as time goes on they all seem to go to shit when they get more popular versus the early versions which aren't bogged down with crap, ads, and gimmicks) and as soon as I upgraded to the new Firefox it fucked up my bookmarks and it reverted back to bookmarks I hadn't had in ages and has lost all my new ones, and it was just as slow. So I got pissed at that and uninstalled it and tried to go back to the earlier version and then it totally fucked up and I couldn't even launch Firefox at all without it crashing. I finally got it sorted out, but in the mean time I started using Chrome and it's wayyy faster for me. There's a few things I don't like or think could be improved, but overall I like it more now.

Anyways, to make a long story short, I started getting this login message when I started using Chrome. It's just a compatibility issue I think as I'm sure many sites haven't been tweeked to use Chrome (just as Firefox was in the earlier days).

no one said you cant have multiple browsers in your trousers.

why not have IE, Firefox, Safari & Chrome. its not like they use masses of space on the HD.

Can somebody fix this already? It's really f'n annoying. This is a wicked forum but I've been coming on it less and less cause of this. :rinsed:

even though i use safari ive been trying to figure this out. i reinstalled chrome on my hard drive, went into the browser settings and saved my username and password in there, restarted my computer and the problem seems to go away. sometimes i didn't get this message anyway, so this could be a fluke, worth a try though, seems to have worked.

This message is getting a joke now. Does anybody know how i can turn it off? Or i'm stopping using this site. No i'm not gonna stop using Google Chrome as it works perfectly for everything else & seems a lot faster than all the other browsers.
Exactly. Can people stop suggesting I use some other browser. That's not fixing the problem, is it? If I wanted to use Safari or Firefox or IE or Opera I would. I'm using Chrome, and i'm not switching just because this ONE site is f'd with it, but 10 billion other websites work better for me with Chrome.

Exactly. Can people stop suggesting I use some other browser. That's not fixing the problem, is it? If I wanted to use Safari or Firefox or IE or Opera I would. I'm using Chrome, and i'm not switching just because this ONE site is f'd with it, but 10 billion other websites work better for me with Chrome.

did what i suggest not work?

hey guys,

found this thread cuz im getting this stupid notification as well. but heres the thing... IM USING FIREFOX!! im guessing its something to do with an addon i have installed that is clashing with the board but i dont know what or how to fix it. well i was hoping to find a solution on here but all it seems you can provide is a browser flame war. if any admin or mods can help out here it would be much appreciated.

actually in viewing this thread it hasnt done it to me at all. except when i went to edit my post its now doing it to me and when i am in most other threads the notification pops up

Last edited:
yeh i just switched to google chrome, this problem is annoying to say the least.

Im having to use firefox just for this site.

piss take.

wtf is this bullshit, and everytime i type my log in on the box it just pops right the fuck back up...oh and ps, Chrome is way better than firefox in almost every facet...

Back
Top Bottom