Australian football

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by IV4, Jul 26, 2012.

1. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

At work today I watch about 10 mins of Australian football. It is bad ass. It's like a combo between American football and Rugby. Both of witch I enjoy. What do you think?

2. MAJESTIC

MAJESTIC BishBashBosh

3. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

AFL is fucking shit! as are all high scoring games!

4. Kenneth4Eva

Kenneth4Eva Let's Breed

ERMG.. crying with laughter reading this aloud..
    DER U KNER LERK WER WER SIN, ERBERT DA ERTH RERVERLVIN? ERTS LERK WHERN YER A KERD, DA FERST TERM DEY TERL U THERT DA WERLD ERS TERNIN ERND U JERST CERNT QERT BERLERV ERT 'CERS ERVERERTHIN LERKS LERK ERTS STERNDIN STERL. I CERN FERL ERT... DA TERN ERF DA ERTH. DA GRERND BERNERTH ER FERT ERS SPERNIN ERT A THERSERND MAHLERS ERN HER. DA ERNTER PLERNERT ERS HERTLIN ERERND DA SERN ERT SERXTER SERVERN THERSERND MAHLERS ERN HER. ERND I CERN FERL ERT. WER FERLIN THRERGH SPERC, U ERND MAH, CLINERNG TER DA SKERN ERF THERS TERNER LERTL WERLD. ERND, ERF WER LERT GER... THERTS WH I ERM. NER FERGERT MAH, RERS TERLER. GER HERM.

5. Catsel

could never understand scottish...

6. Kenneth4Eva

Kenneth4Eva Let's Breed

i speak better english than most english people

7. Catsel

thats cos most english people are paki stani

8. Kenneth4Eva

Kenneth4Eva Let's Breed

bwa ha ha. true

9. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

what i think of it ryhms with hay

10. Scrapped

Scrapped Member

Sorry what? All I can hear is the sound of rugby players who can't beat the all blacks.

:lol: I kid I kid

11. SquidgyBlack

SquidgyBlack Member

AFL is a really good sport. You'll find that most English people will say its shit for two reasons...

A) Its Australian
    B) They have never seen it being played.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4eikRswLI

watch and learn

12. MAJESTIC

MAJESTIC BishBashBosh

A is true
    B is false

Watched the West Coast Eagle's play The Shockers at the Subiaco oval... it was shite.

13. SquidgyBlack

SquidgyBlack Member

14. Catsel

WOONG!!

AFL is shit for a few reasons...

1)high scoring games are boring.. once a team gets far ahead.. theres no supense that the game could change easily... unlike football, which is low scoring..

2)unlike football (which is the most free flowing game in the world) they keep stopping just for a long catch?? stupid rule.

3)the pitch is HUGE?!?! no need for dicipline in kicking, they can just smash it and no worries.. if the pitch was a 1/4 of the size (like football) they game would be more technical.. players would need actual kicking skills..

4)again unlike football there is no height in the goal posts.. if there were then more skill would be needed to play the game..

5)giving points for being wide?? re-dick-u-larse!

and 6)yes i am english, but i spent 2 years in australia, and i understand the hype.. but its a shit game.. seriously..

oh one more 7) PLAY RUGBY! STATE OF ORIGIN N SHIT. THATS A SPORT.

wait wait. one more 8) football players go down like bitches.. but they don't get all gay with physios rubbing cocks n shit..

so all in all, AFL is a shit game. its not FOOTBALL, its aussie rules rugby.. similar to NFL (not football, its fuckin grid iron)

thankyou and goodnight.

15. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

Basicly, this! It's like a group of piss heads just thought how can we change the rules of rugby and make the most ridiculous sport ever

16. Catsel

thankyou.

and welcome back gayboy :teeth:

17. SquidgyBlack

SquidgyBlack Member

I'll try and respond to your all of your points mate, firstly I'll state that I respect your right to an opinion, even though I dont agree with it.

1)High scoring games are not boring. Many millions of people follow such 'high scoring' sports, they are very popular...across the world. You've mention Rugby at a later point (which I would consider a high scoring sport), so you've managed to contradict yourself already).

2)Play keeps stopping? I for one have never, ever seen a stoppage in football, rugby, cricket, tennis or any other sport. o_O. If you cant handle a brief stoppage in AFL, you either dont understand how the game works or you have the attention span of a paperclip.

3)The pitch is a cricket oval, its what AFL is played on. It's what makes the sport what it is. (also some of the discipline in the kicking/catching tackling is pretty special, whether you choose to acknowledge it or not.)

4)''There is no height in the goal posts'' ???
    What you actually mean here is that there are no crossbars. Well done on that astute observation mate.:rolf: I would argue that the size of the pitch makes up for the fact that there are no cross bars, it means goals can be scored from ridiculous distances.

5)Points for a wide?? No. The posts are there for a reason, to score points.

6)You understand the hype, but seriously its a shit game... Average attendances of over 35'000 in a country that LOVE their sport would disagree.

7) Play Rugby? Dont really understand your point here, but I've played Rugby to a decent standard and love the sport. As I do with Aussie Rules.

8) Your point seem confused here. AFL players are amongst the hardest bastards on the planet, and I think you already know that.

....and finally you compare AFL to NFL... because they both have the word 'football' in. You must either struggle to understand that people do things differently in other countries(language included) or you actually think that these sports are similar, when in reality they couldnt be more different. Way to go bruv.

18. MAJESTIC

MAJESTIC BishBashBosh

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Castel again

I give up.... I can't seem to rep anyone for days at a time.

I'd also give up on arguing with an Aussie about anything Australian.... they take everything to heart and won't let it lie.

19. ZackMRG

ZackMRG Circles are Pointless

I had high hopes when I went to Australia about the Aussie rules football, got told it was brutal as fuck.

Massively disappointed when I properly saw it for the first time, best thing about oz is that all the big UFC matches that air late in the US are shown midday Aussie time on a Sunday- perfect sport for a days drinking in the sun.

20. Catsel

i said rugby becos football isn't big in australia.. next best exciting sport is rugby. shud be the aussie national sport but w/e and high scoring games are shit.. they just are. if you can't see that... well. shame..

do you watch sport?? cricket stops all the time// and afl stops everytime someone makes a mark. it might be a 1sec stop.. but its not needed! move on. if football stopped everytime someone made a long pass. jeez what a shit game that would be!!

nothing wrong with oval mate. its the size of the thing. don't you agree that afl would be harder if the pitch was smaller? if the game is harder to play, its more intresting to watch.

have you seen some of the goals in football? same distance, ye tinto a space a fraction of the size.. thats fuckin talent.

do you watch AFL?? you get 1point for going wide of the main goal. wtf is that? rewarding people for missing..

hype as in the same shit they have at NFL games, make it seem bigger and better than it actually is! oh shit 35,000 people?? theres a football stadium in brazil that holds 150,000 people.. r.madrids statium is pretty fuckin big to.

rugby is a better sport than AFL.
    i didn't say they we're hard.. i said they get gay rub downs.. footballers are pussys sometimes.. but they dnt get all gay with each other. cept maybe christiano ronaldo n balotelli. they are fags!

why use the word football? both america and australia need to call thier national games what they actually are! sick of people being sayin soccer. which is what the gay school boys used to say back in the 1850's. football is football. afl is gay-lick something. NFL is grid-iron or some shit.

but i respect ur opinions n what not, very different thoughts from two diff countries, i bet every englishman here agrees with me.. and every aussie agrees with you.. horses and corses blah blah

:teeth: xx