Audiophile 2496

excellent, couldnt ask more for your money.Are you going for a soft studio set up then?the 44 is better for even more options :bone:

i used to reccomend the delta family of cards whole heartedly but recently i've discovered the ESI Waveterminal range which imo offers more features for the money. I have the Waverterminal 192L card, which costs about the same as an audiophile, and adds extra features such as 192KHz D/A converter, 3 Stereo Outputs, Digital coax In/Out, Mic or Line in, and all the drivers you would expect (ASIO2, MME, EWDM, GSIF etc). Also has a pretty nice internal wiring system called DirectWire...whereby you can route any output of any driver to any input of any other driver through software..... for example you could route output 1&2 of the MME driver to input 1&2 of the ASIO driver and record from winamp to wavelab with no wires. ORR even better you could route outputs 1-6 of the MME driver to inputs 1-6 of the ASIO driver and do a multitrack recording of a surround sound DVD into Cubase or Logic.... lovely :cool:

I love my 2496. As for that wave termimal card, how does it do for achieving good latency? As a side note, you would need a REEEEAAAAALLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYY fast computer to run a whole project at 192khz resolution. My amd 1600+ can't run a whole project at 96khz. Also, not all sequencers, or vst instruments support that kind of resolution at this point in time.

djprophecy5 said:
As for that wave termimal card, how does it do for achieving good latency?

at 96K, <1.5ms

djprophecy5 said:
As a side note, you would need a REEEEAAAAALLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYY fast computer to run a whole project at 192khz resolution.

this is true, plus you would be pretty daft to even attempt to do so with a dnb track, there's no point. However it does come in handy when mastering....

Back
Top Bottom