Audio Relief (audiorelief.co.uk) – Do not use!

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by sdm, Jan 31, 2011.

1. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

I guess this is a bit of a public service announcement.

My girlfriend ordered a pair of ER-20 earplugs mid December 2010 and to this day hasn't received them. Despite many attempts of calling, emailing (no answer to either), and contacting SagePay (their payment merchants), she is now in the process of filing a dispute with her bank to get her money back.

I used them a few years back for my custom ER-15 earplugs and the service was brilliant which is why I recommended them. I'm so surprised they're still trading, especially as I've now heard that the business has gone bust!

That's all really, I just wanted to make some noise in the hope nobody else falls into the trap of buying anything from their shop.

(y)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  2. jay walker

jay walker 1/2 of Passive/Aggressive

Nice one Stu, some new earplugs are high on my priority list, will avoid these chumps! lol

3. LMSCW.com

LMSCW.com www.facebook.com/LMSCW

4. italian_blud

italian_blud New Member

Hi Guys,

I am having exactly the same problems with Audio Relief. I paid around £170 last Friday for custom musicians ear plugs and quick postage and have not heard anything from them at all to arrange my ear moulds being taken.

All my emails are bouncing back and the answerphone messages I have left have not been replied to. The phone went straight to their answer machine Monday and Tuesday of this week. I tried today again and their internal phone system seems to work to the point that it puts you on hold and tells you that 'your call is important to audio relief' - but left me waiting for 20 mins without a reply. I left another message on an answerphone and still have not had a reply. I have since notified Sagepay, my bank, my Solicitor and the police.

Essentially I just want my money back now as it is obvious that they have no intention of supplying me with the ear plugs. To the person that knows the guys that work there could you please tell them to contact me asap to reimburse me and I will be happy to drop any proceedings both Civil and Criminal.

5. Audiorelief

Audiorelief Hearing Protection

HI All

Seems there are a few people who have had issues with delivery. Firstly we would like to appologise. The business is not going bust and is trading fine. We experienced some staffing issues over the Christmas period. Whilst this made us less responsive than we would have liked to have been (in terms of answering emails - the phone customer service was removed some months ago but is now re-instated following customer feedback) , the orders should still have been dsipatched.

We have successfully shipped over 16,000 orders since we started the business and have always delivered excellent service. We have been rated highly by over 1000 online shoppers during that period.

We have a new email address going live on monday as many of the existing ones were getting spammed and our number is now manned again (Mon to Fri 9am -5.30pm) so we are confident you will experience the same great service we have historically given. If you still have issues then please let us know.

No orders are being taken that are not being shipped I can assure you of that. In terms of your order Italian_blud, the custom products need to be made for your individually so there is no increased speed from paying for next day delivery. We sent out a voucher last week to take the your local impression centre. If you have not received this please email us to let us know and we can send another voucher.

To improve the impression taking part of our process we have introduced a voucher scheme. The voucher can be taken to a wide range of outlets who will take the impressions for you. They will then be sent directly to the manufacturer, and once made sent directly to you.

Thanks
    The New Audio Relief Management Team

6. Dj Methodist

Dj Methodist soundcloud.com/methodist

Does that mean you still have my moulds on file? I cant remember how long you say they keep them for...

I think I have had my plugs from you guys for 3 years

7. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

Well I'm glad this managed to make some noise and provoke a response!

While your reasoning for not dispatching orders or answering your phones/emails sounds legitimate I don't think there is any excuse for not updating your website and answer phone/on hold message with a statement detailing the businesses issues, and closing the online store to stop customers from placing orders while you're not able to fulfil them.

My girlfriend is currently trying to organise a refund of her order as she managed to source the earplugs elsewhere, 2-3 months for delivery was a bit too long to wait! Hopefully this will happen without too much of a delay.

8. italian_blud

italian_blud New Member

My issue here is that you have only replied to this thread. Why has nobody contacted me to apologise and put this right. A few template emails stating that the order has been dispatched gives me no indication of how to go about getting the moulds done. It is almost two weeks since I made my order. I agree with the comment above; if you can't fullfil demand stop people from buying the products and close your web page. I expect to be contacted with a full details of how you will take this forwardan apology either on the phone or by letter. Please sort this issue out immediately as currently I am £160 down and have nothing to show for it. You have my details on file and I have emailed you and left numerous messages.

9. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

I completely agree with this! Posting on a forum to try and protect your reputation instead of personally dealing with the issues isn't good customer service!

10. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

Have you heard anything from them yet mate? My g/f hasn't heard about her refund as yet - so much for fixing those staffing issues!

11. MistaNoize

MistaNoize Mistanoize.com

Bastards always told they were great

12. def123123

def123123 New Member

13. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

Any updates on this? Really pissed me off to see an public apology but then still mess people around :mad: :mad:

14. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

My g/f managed to get a refund in the end but they didn't apologise at all. I still wouldn't use them again no matter what they say now!

15. MistaNoize

MistaNoize Mistanoize.com

how much did she pay there about a tenner the er20s aren't they.. i got given 3 pairs by some tech guy last year

16. xen

xen ...innit

Wouldn't bother with Audiorelief, they always seemed expensive. I bought some ER20s from SAY - http://www.hearforlife.co.uk/ - and they were the cheapest I found and still seem to be bang on for price. They're a big company and hearing protection is just a part of the business, they don't crow about it a lot but service I received was solid. Going to likely get my custom moulds from them (only three years overdue on those!)

Hot tip: go to a music / gear / DJ show and you'll probably find some of these companies or audiologists happy to sell you a pair for a fiver, I picked up some and gave one to my sister. Always carry two sets with me at all times, one pair in the rucksack and one pair which comes in a dead handy squidgy plastic pouch and live permanently in my jeans pocket.

17. Kobi

Kobi Member

Ive bought 2 pairs of custom plugs off them, the 2nd time tho I paid and they never got back to me, didn't reply to any e-mails. Eventually I logged a dispute with paypal and managed to get £170 refunded to my account cos AR failed to reply to paypal. It's ridiculous they haven't shut the site down.
    I got my latest set from ACS - http://www.hearingprotection.co.uk/

Last edited: Apr 23, 2011
  18. CPR

CPR Codec - Mirrors Audio

cheers for the info, was just gonna ask, need some bad! tinnitus is a bitch. (y)

19. Kobi

Kobi Member

ACS are real easy to deal with, you tell them your area and they make an appointment at a Boots shop with hearing centre and you ask for the db filter type and pay in store

20. DamageCase7

DamageCase7 Better off dead.

From a mutual...

This website sounds shit.