Audio interface

Cheers mate! bit of a nooby question but the 2i2 has enough ports for me to run my monitors and a midi keyboard? til i actually own one and can see it for myself i struggle to understand what goes where haha

cheers :)

2i2 is just an audio interface, no midi. You can run your monitors and a set of headphones (seperate volume controls) and it has 2 inputs (instrument or mic). Very simple, but solid build and works well with my lappy.

Ahh cheers. Is that common for people to use a midi to USB adapter straight into the computer then?
If that'll work drama free I'd rather do that and get the 2i2 to save a few quid! If not I'll have to lump it and grab a 2i4. Cheers!

Haven't bought one yet haha probably my next thread. This is all a major upgrade for me! I've been looking on forums like gearslutz etc but I get better solid advice here tbh!

I'll be sure to look out for a Keyboard with USB which would solve my problems! Cheers

Primarily buying an interface with midi I/O or more easy, buying a controller with USB does the job, you mostly only need midi to control hardware synths, anyways. I've seen a few guys use a separate midi to usb adapter in their setups, when they wouldnt want to change the soundcard and had to control a few synths or so.

Back
Top Bottom