Audio Interface?

marcelkennard

Storms comin in Annie
VIP Junglist
Does an audio interface actually reduce CPU usage? And considerably or just a little bit?
Regardless I'm looking to spend roughly 130 on one, been looking at the focusrite saffire 6- this one any good? anyone know of any better ones?

Like it's said over 9k times, it's mainly about the in's and out's which you should consider when choosing interface, of course the price too. Yes I think it reduces cpu since then it processes sounds itself with own drivers it isn't as heavy when you'd run it with window's drivers or only asio. I have no hard evidence what I'm talking about so I am not responsible of any damage inflicted on your equipment when following my advice.

A good soundcard won't reduce CPU usage, unless it has dedicated hardware effects units built in, which is unlikely. The drivers will give you better latency though.

I have the Focusrite Saffire 6. It's decent, can do anything you would need it to do.

I have a mac now, but when I was using my HP laptop I had to get a firewire adapter to use my phonic HB 12. That worked wonders in the studio.

A good soundcard won't reduce CPU usage, unless it has dedicated hardware effects units built in, which is unlikely. The drivers will give you better latency though.

I have the Focusrite Saffire 6. It's decent, can do anything you would need it to do.

Generally this. An audio interface isn't going to help reduce the CPU load at all, although from what I understand there are high end interfaces that can take some if not all the work load off the CPU (my college had one, it was a rackmount module by Avid/Digidesign).

If your dealing with an old computer, then a new audio interface will definatly sound better. I just picked up a Tascam US-144mk2 and when used on my desktop (which is old) it sounds way way better. But when used on my brand new laptop, I can't tell the differance. More connections is the advantage for me on the laptop... that and more knobs to play with.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom