Audio interface problem (PLEASE HELP ME)

dj-dusty

VIP Junglist
I just got an m audio fast track pro, and i want to be able to record into ableton.

I have read the trouble shooting section but it's too complicated for me to understand.

I have a balanced mini jack going from my headphones to the inserts on the back (do i need to do this or will audio travel from my laptop to the interface through usb?)

Then i have the TRS output from the audio interface going to my monitors.

I have set up ableton to work with it but i dont know if i have set it up properly.

Can someone please help me, i would really appreciate it if ya could.

Thanks.

So what do you want to record into ableton?

edit: Do I understand correctly that your headphones go into the laptop's own audio output? If so, you could be better off using the headphone out on the fast track. Their headphone amplifiers are way better than most laptop outputs.

Last edited:
I have a balanced mini jack going from my headphones to the inserts on the back (do i need to do this or will audio travel from my laptop to the interface through usb?)

Then i have the TRS output from the audio interface going to my monitors.

nah, the sound travels through the usb lead... now you have a proper interface, the build in soundcard is redundant

by passing the signal through the crappy soundcard you are defeating the purpose of having a decent one

nah, the sound travels through the usb lead... now you have a proper interface, the build in soundcard is redundant

by passing the signal through the crappy soundcard you are defeating the purpose of having a decent one

How do i get it to work then lol, im so shit with things like this, all i want is for my computer to use the m audio soundcard, and to be able to record into ableton, i just cant seem to do it

Dunno if thisll help but,
Click control panel/Sound and audio devices/
Just check that the ins and outs are all the correct way =]
Or even in albertons preferences (dunno coz i dont use it)
I could be speaking crap here lol

First of all are you using Windows or a Mac?

for windows you will need to make sure all of the drivers are intalled for the interface (might be worth checking the maudio site for updates etc) to work.

I used to have some problems using m-audio & windows. think i solved the prob by using 'ASIO for all', cant remember why i had to do this though, but google it.

macs should be plug and play pretty much.

:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom