Audio interface and sound quality question

Dubsta

VIP Junglist
Hi guys.... ok so i switched to mac from pc..... On my mac there is no line in (except via usb) so ie had to add a audio interface to my set up for mixes and recording etc. Now my output from mixer goes straight into my active speakers, into a jack splitter, so then there is another wire going into the interface for recording...... since doing this the sound has lost its clarity, it just doesnt sound as crisp and i have a slight hum. Im assuming splitting the main signal is causing this...... my mixer is a beringer, it has a tape output and a booth outut, recording from either of these sounds poo...as theres no EQ so it sounds too bassy on playback.

Suggestions to resolve this please.....blooody mac!! my 8yr old pc worked fine, just plugged in and recorded ob done

is it a mac laptop? if so it could be a ground loop, does it happen when the macs powercable is unplugged? ie just running off battery?

also using a splitter is a terrible way to record if you are concerned about quality - i dont understand why the bass is too loud when you record from tape or booth, the only way it can be too loud is if you had the EQ turned up (or the tracks are not mixed down properly), could be that your room acoustics are messing up what you hear while you record, making you push the bass to hard?

its an imac, not a lappy.... the booth and tape out basically record the sound as it is, as the mixer runs straight into my speakers so theres no eq between the mixer and speakers .... but its not really the record quality thats an issue itss the sound coming from the speakers so to speak. i am wondering if the audio interface is to blame as its a cheap £30 beringer one

even a cheap beringer shouldnt mess the audio up that badly - have you got Vinyl running into Line level inputs? check the channels are switched to Phono, rather than Line....and if they are switched to line, turn the volume right down before switchig it over to Phono

also check all your connections are plugged in properly

Back
Top Bottom