Audacity Help

DJ Spliff

Never Enuff Vinyl
VIP Junglist
Anyone have any tips, tricks or suggestions on using Audacity? I just got it and the only button I ever push is 'record'. What are some of the other functions on it?

Anyone have any tips, tricks or suggestions on using Audacity? I just got it and the only button I ever push is 'record'. What are some of the other functions on it?

You can split, cut, silence add effects to certain parts in your recorded mix or even import a track to do the same. I don't really use it for anything else...but to record my sets with. very good piece of software for nothing!

Nah you don't really but it will crap out after like 1000 uses or something. You can do a RegEdit on your comp and then you can use it again. I had mine for like a year before that happend tho lol :)

I'll write a procedure for that sometime

audacity is awesome!! I'll often use it to for final touch ups for studio mixes that I do.. If the eq is sounding a bit off on one section i'll cut it out to another track and use the graphic eq to sort it out - works a treat!! But yeah stick with it, its a pretty powerful piece of software once you've got the hang of it

Back
Top Bottom