Audacity help anyone???

nafe1

sea turtles mate
VIP Junglist
I recorded a mix last night but it seems i had a little too much bass on, the mix sound shit a distorted , is there anything you can do to rectify it, its a free version of the software so i dont know if all the functions are there, (more to the point how to use them)
if anyone can help m little problem i would be very grateful
cheers
nafe1

Gloxxy

I SNORT COAL
VIP Junglist
Audacity is freeware so what you see is what you get. All functions are enabled from the get go.

If your recording is distorted to start with then there is nothing you can do about it I'm afraid. You'll just have to do it again.

nafe1

sea turtles mate
VIP Junglist
Audacity is freeware so what you see is what you get. All functions are enabled from the get go.

If your recording is distorted to start with then there is nothing you can do about it I'm afraid. You'll just have to do it again.
really? arr thats a bastard, oh well, all part of the fun, thanks anyway mate!

Teddy

60%
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
try goldwave http://www.goldwave.com/ there is a free one, u should be able to up the file in there and use the eq settings to tweek it a lil but i doubt u will get it sounding perfect but it might help a little! although u might be able to re record ur mix in the same time it takes u to fook around with it all!

nafe1

sea turtles mate
VIP Junglist
try goldwave http://www.goldwave.com/ there is a free one, u should be able to up the file in there and use the eq settings to tweek it a lil but i doubt u will get it sounding perfect but it might help a little! although u might be able to re record ur mix in the same time it takes u to fook around with it all!
hahaha yeah you could be right haha, il give it a bash anyway nice one dude!

ScottyEightSix

HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN
VIP Junglist
You just have to turn you gains down and keep trying it untill you get a decent recording, then remeber what the output it on your mixer an you'll be able to get a decent recording everytime... But messing with the eq on a distorted mix aint gonna do anything.

nafe1

sea turtles mate
VIP Junglist
You just have to turn you gains down and keep trying it untill you get a decent recording, then remeber what the output it on your mixer an you'll be able to get a decent recording everytime... But messing with the eq on a distorted mix aint gonna do anything.
yeah, found that out the hard way earlier today haha, looks like il have to do it again

muzzadj

POW!
VIP Junglist
IF you record it distorted then can't really resirect it tbh.. Just record it again with the levels down a bit ;).. Gives you an excuse to have a mix eh!