Audacity 1.3.7 (beta) available.

perspective

Sausage Rolls
VIP Junglist
Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/) is a fast multi-track audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac, and Linux/Unix.

The Audacity Team is pleased to announce the release of Audacity 1.3.7 (beta) for Windows, Mac and Linux/Unix. This is primarily a bug-fix release to significantly improve stability and usability, especially on Mac OS X, but includes some new features too.

Cross-Platform Bug Fixes include:

* Muting/soloing caused incorrect channel results in exported stereo files
* Fixes for Nyquist effects, Compressor and Noise Removal
* Fixed Export as WAV could be corrupted if overwriting to same file, and Export Multiple to uncompressed formats only produced 16-bit WAV
* MP3 and WMA now export correctly with all supported metadata

Platform-specific Bug Fixes include:
* Windows Vista: crash opening Preferences
* Mac OS X and Linux: fixes for spurious clipping, label typing, no shortcuts after running effects, and project rate when importing files
* Mac OS X only: fixes for inactive or corrupted menus and hidden dialogues, portable settings, and Command and Control shortcuts. Also FFmpeg installer now available.

New features/other improvements:
* F11 Full Screen mode, high-quality "Sliding Time Scale/Pitch Shift" effect, Audio Contrast Analyzer
* Windows: sound devices can now be opened using the more efficient DirectSound API
* Improved latency correction using fixed correction value
See http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ for details.

:thumbsup:

I have never really had a look at Audacity... might check it out.

I have always used GoldWave for little bits of autio editing.

I couldn't get the space button (transport-play) to work in the beta:confused:

Had to get the older version, it was so annoying hitting spacebar and just waiting for something to happen. It's an industry standard methinks.

Its alright, basic editing functions and all, but can't use dx or vst effects which is a bit surprising. Maybe I'll have to buy soundforge after all. btw if anyone here has actually bought it, does the mp3 decoder/encoder come with it or would I have to buy it separately?

I couldn't get the space button (transport-play) to work in the beta:confused:

Had to get the older version, it was so annoying hitting spacebar and just waiting for something to happen. It's an industry standard methinks.

That would snap me in half. I use audacity, not realy bothered about the new beta tbh, nothing new reeealy and besides... I NEED SPACEBAR!

Back
Top Bottom