Attention: Beta-males looking for something to do

Discussion in 'Production' started by Dugg Funnie, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Dugg Funnie

Dugg Funnie Well-Known Member

lol; sup guys!

I'm in the process of starting up a VST/AU company and I'm wondering if anybody here would be interesting in getting involved and helping out with beta-testing?

To summarize your part would be, first & foremost, basic beta-testing (i.e. running the base plugs, fubar'ing about with the interfaces and parameters and getting back to us about what works and what doesn't along what you do and don't like, both in terms of functionality and in terms of graphic interfacing). Now here's where it gets a little bit different, in-addition to the beta-testing, you can come onto a forum where you will be able to collaborate directly with the development team not only on the current projects but also any idea you've had that you think could be a make for a good plug-in.

I've always felt that there's a sort of disconnect between most plug-in companies and their audiences in that it seems more like a plug-in is developed by a company with drawn blinds and closed doors, and then when it's ready they market the hell out of it and generate a bunch of hype to make users think "well, my friend, and my mom, and Skrillex all use this plug, so I guess I should too." and it all comes from search engine polling and optimization that seems to draw most companies into singular, very regularly repeated points & you end up with a billion and a half versions of basically the same device. I don't like that. So, the aim of the company is creating a COMMUNITY oriented space where everyone can come in and discuss plug-ins/interfaces that they would actually like to see happen; and, not be sold onto another multi-band-limitpressorqualizer-formant-phase-shifter because Google told any given plug-in company that it's what a lot of people are looking for.

The first rounds of the testing still wouldn't be getting started for another couple of weeks but I wanted to post this now and see what kind of interest I get from you guys and get a little bit of input, ya dig?

Anyways, that's all for now, if you're interested and would like to receive more information, please feel free to send me a PM and I'll give you some more details from there.

Peace!

2. lostnthesound

lostnthesound Burns Easily in the Sun

Dugg–count me in! Being able to communicate directly with the team via forum is a great idea. The beta testing I've done in the past handled all communication through email, which really was a pain in the ass–by the time they responded to my email outlining crash actions and whatnot, I would usually have found even more bugs! Needless to say it became a "one step forward, two steps back" kind of thing.

PM me whenever.

3. Dark Lizardro

Dark Lizardro The Lizard that has a hammer Staff Member

This is an interesting idea. What kind of plugins your company are aiming to develop?

4. Dugg Funnie

All sorts, I've had a few initial ideas with phase-filtering devices, which bloomed into a much more FX-oriented EQ type of thing (sort of like FabFilter's Volcano 2 except on loads of crack and PCP) and a geometry oriented XY pad. But, long-term I'd rather have a company that's develop products because the people have spoken and voiced exactly what they want and participated in all along the development path. I'm currently working with TouchDesigner to prototype new interface designs that are more graphic and get the user to think "outside-the-box" in terms of what they'll use the devices for and how they'll implement their parameters; all while still attempting to maintain the brutal effectiveness of the straight-forward interfaces based off hardware modules, etc...

5. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

OH HELL YEAH! Count me in too Dugg!

6. MLT

MLT Member

Would love to take part in the Beta testing.

7. Dugg Funnie

Sweet! Glad to see the response fellas!

Like I said it'll still be a few weeks until the ball gets rolling; gotta file a bunch of paperwork still and iron out contracts with potential developers and set up webpages. I'll keep this topic updated occasionally until the testing goes live.

8. Psychoholic

Psychoholic Quantum Cunt

Hoy,
    I'd be up for this man, as a developer I know shit about shit. So I could give feedback and possible the solution or at least a detailed report of what function is failing and why.
    Could also do some programming for it as well.

Cheeros

9. spyre

spyre sample all the things

sign me up br'oh

10. Sulihin

Sulihin Active Member

What he said. I have Reaper and Ableton on Mac Lion and Windows 8. I do software for a living (good thing if you've heard my tunes!) but more enterprise app stuff.

11. lasiien

lasiien Meh

Hi Dugg, I'd be glad to help :)