attack release of audio

kieran t

how would i go about controlling the attack and release of an audio sample? say a snare that ive layered and need to control. I've been using the xs24 and the built in enveloper plug in. im tying to tighten up a snare but its not how i want it, i want to cut it off before the sample ends but when i shorten the actual audio sample it doesn't fade it literaly cuts straight off?? i saw something on you tube an ableton tutorial, it looks really easy to fade audio with some sort of volume control they have. I've probably over looked a similar way in logic

Yeah in Ableton you use clip envelopes where you can automate the volume of the clip. Something to do with fades maybe? Sorry not au fait with logic.

I haven't used logic since 8, but I'm pretty sure I remember there being a fade function on clips; if not then you could just load the file into a sampler and fiddle about as you please with the amp. envelope.

I haven't used logic since 8, but I'm pretty sure I remember there being a fade function on clips; if not then you could just load the file into a sampler and fiddle about as you please with the amp. envelope.

yeah in logic you would have you use esx24 to manipulate those parameters... there is also a fade/speed up function but no as precise

You can also try setting the fade values in Logic's inspector dialogue box (shortcut: i). Or you can use the fade tool (press esc than "9" I believe). This will allow you draw the fade rather than input a number into the inspector box, but they both work concurrently. If you want to go the destructive route, double click the audio region to open up the sample editor and then add a fade out to the wave form.

Utilizing the EXS24 may give you the most freedom though.

Cheers.

Craig

The fade tool is the tool you are looking for, in the tool menu. you can fade in to create attack, and fade out to create decay. You can zoom in on the region with 'Z' to be more precise

Back
Top Bottom