Atmospherics, pads, whatever that resides in the higher freq spectrum

BLoodstaiN`

I've made quite some liquid basslines, since i've a got the hang of massive (At least a bit). but now my question is, how do you make the atmospherics that are present in a liquid dnb song. I'm working on a project now and the bassline is quite nice to my likes. but i have nothing that fills the higher spectrum of the song. and i have no idea how to make 'em. i know a long release and that is need adsr i've got the hang of that, but the forging of the sound itself, really have no idea.
I always end up with a computery high pitched sine wave :/

Any tips?
I've got Massive & Sytrus as synths

Use a couple of square waves and link a slow LFO to the pulse width. Use slow attack and release. and play with the filter ADSR too. Top off with quiet reversed or straight bell-like hits in strategic places like the start of a bar, every 4th snare or something.

You get a lot more action in the pads by combining single hits and noise sweeps to it.

If you are looking for that Netsky/Grafix aggressive kind of lead, just go for your regular saw wave reece but play it higher and maybe bandpass it.

With soundscapes and such it's all in modulation and layering. Do subtle automation to let the sound change shape, open up and close down again.
Add things like reverb and stereo imaging to make it wider, layer it up with other synths, throw in some pitched down sounds to make it darker, or whatever.

I find this to be the most easy part of the tune.

Use a couple of square waves and link a slow LFO to the pulse width. Use slow attack and release. and play with the filter ADSR too. Top off with quiet reversed or straight bell-like hits in strategic places like the start of a bar, every 4th snare or something.

You get a lot more action in the pads by combining single hits and noise sweeps to it.

If you are looking for that Netsky/Grafix aggressive kind of lead, just go for your regular saw wave reece but play it higher and maybe bandpass it.

What is pulse width?

Woopaaa, I'm indeed looking for something similar like grafix & Netsky.
but then again i don't wanna sound the same. I'll figure something out.

And how about liquid stab synths?
something plucked?
is it the same way as making Atmospherics but other ADSR?
i mean, like a piano, but not a piano?
sorry i'm a hard guy to understand

---------- Post added at 17:36 ---------- Previous post was at 17:34 ----------

With soundscapes and such it's all in modulation and layering. Do subtle automation to let the sound change shape, open up and close down again.
Add things like reverb and stereo imaging to make it wider, layer it up with other synths, throw in some pitched down sounds to make it darker, or whatever.

I find this to be the most easy part of the tune.

Easy? i find that something hard to do, maybe if i can make a good one i'll find it easy myself
it's just breaking that barrier of doing it right once, and you're off, no?

Back
Top Bottom