Atmospheric feel

dicobraz

Hey Guys

I am wondering how do those really atmospheric parts appear in tunes by for example Intelligent Manners, Netsky, Command Stranger etc.

To be more specific the parts would be strings, really nice pads and some other unknown sounds. How do they usually write them, cos they sound pretty real to me, that must be one good piece of vst to have so much control over the sound. Or do they use samples? Another question that comes out of that how often do producer of such class use samples, is it treated as normal?

Thank You

not suer about your first question really, some producers use 80% samples and 20% synth, some use 80% synth and 20% samples, alot of people like to record their own samples. doesnt really matter how you get there its the end result

Yeahh mate, for good atmospheric sounds you could try Native Instruments Absynth. Best one for that in my opinion.
Try to make good use f modulation, automation and panning. You could even have to copies of absynth going one highpassed one lowpassed and automate the panning of those to create a wicked stereo modulation!

Netsky is one damn resample pro :) (giggle)!
I read that he use sylenth1 stuff for his synths etc but i guess those atmo sounds come from good samples and vsts just with good tweaks!You can even record yourself and with tweaks that sound would be insane (not always its just example)! There is good Eq + bit of chorus + well done reverb and ofcourse nice layering!
For fuller and richer sound i like to use sends&returns ( I am ableton user but I hope in every daw is something like that)! Oh and I <3 Refx Nexus stuff with soundbanks because there is good strings, nice pads to layer, good piano sounds etc :)!...
and i guess you can teach something from indivision tutorial in FL, check it out ->

Last edited by a moderator:
get some good recordings of an orchestra playing classical music, and sample a few bits from the string sections. Run samples through paulstretch and you'll have great string pads

use some strings from a synth, really low volume...add a couple different strings maybe playing harmonic notes..
then mess around with the modulation like cutoffs etc..

also try tweaking some white noise, makes great atmos.

or you could use a sample.

For some athmosperes i prefer albino. But i like also the noise of a down- pitched cymbal with some effects..
And synths, sylenht is nice..
But, i think there are many ways to have the same result of sound at the end sometimes...
I prefer the easiest way :)!

Cheers guys, all quite helpful!
I mainly use native instruments, absynth, for those parts, but it usually terns out in a quite sad mood:D But i do prefer this vst
Well gonna try those things out now, see what happens! thanks!

Back
Top Bottom