Drum & Bass Atmospheric Drum and Bass: "Tide"

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Multiple Noise, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Multiple Noise

Multiple Noise Crazy Dude

Hi there,
    i wanted to ask you for feedback for my track "Tide", a short atmospheric 170bpm D'n'B Track made in ableton. Feel free to download, i hope you enjoy it!

If you also like HipHop and/or Dubstep, you might listen to some other tracks on my profile:
    https://soundcloud.com/multiple_noise
    Have a good day,
    MN

maschinistom and MentalFrame like this.
  2. MentalFrame

MentalFrame Member

Sounds good! I like it

3. maschinistom

maschinistom Active Member

hello MN. i like your track, too. very nice relaxing flow and chill atmo. i think you should have a look at var. freq. ranges. the drums sees nice to me, clear and shiny, well done. other parts are ducked at times, not sure this effect is desired, pls check. to my liking it would add some vocal hooks to complete the track. nice stuff mate! cheers to cologne ! :)

Multiple Noise likes this.
  4. Multiple Noise

Hey guys,
    thank you for your positive feedback, i'm glad to hear that! :)

@ Maschinistom: Thanks & Yes you're right - i should spend some time for checking frequences / mastering... i have problems with it often. Are there any good tutorials/articles/book for that topic?
    Vocals are a good idea, but i won't do it for this track, i think - but i currently work on a dark 140 bpm Track with some vocals in it ... i will upload it soon.
    Also thank you for following me on Soundcloud, i will check your music later! :) Cheers to Tokyo!

5. MentalFrame

MentalFrame Member

Yea, this is an unsolved mystery for me. Watched a few videos and read articles, but I guess this is just a thing of experience.

6. maschinistom

Welcome buddy! Check YouTube, there are tons of good tutorial videos tapping into the freq. topic.

7. maschinistom

We are all learning about this ;)
    There is dozens of new ways on "how-to" every year ..

8. Multiple Noise

OK, thank you again!
    I have a pair of ADAM F5 (neutral/clinical sound) in my bedroom which i use for mastering. Additionaly i check it on my DENON F109 (warm sound) and my Shure SE215 in-ears (a lot o bass). If they all sound fine, i'm satisfied :D

Any other opinions on my track? :)

9. d-low

d-low I know you got soul

I really like the idea, i'm all on board for simple ideas having interesting outcomes, and i love chillout stuff like this vibe, but I feel like the drums are a bit bland, not particularly drums that are crafted for drum and bass but more all purpose drums. They could be way tighter. but yeah its nice

10. Multiple Noise

Thank you d-low for your feedback :)

11. Rounder RG

Rounder RG Active Member

Nice vibe and sounding good overall. Agree with d-low that the drums are a little bland and regimented.

Enjoyed listening to it. Nice job.