atmosphere/pads on drop

EvezDroppin

VIP Junglist
does anything agree with me that atmosphere and pads say a prolonged note over the drop and through can really ruin the impact of a track, maybe its jsut me personally but i think the drop should be left well alone then when it starts to get a bit repetetive or towards the breakdown then theyre needed.
just ranting...
on a side note.... anyone know when reason 6 is being released... or has it already?

Reason 6 is already released (nothing special as far as i heard tho). And yeah, atmos fx on drops can rly ruin them sometimes but if they are timed correctly it can benefit the drop. Depends on the tune and the artist imo, i personally like my drops "clean" as u said.

having big tails running over the drop can kill the impact, contrast is what you need to find, so that everything goes BOOM when it drops, it really depends on the sounds of course

really depends. if you got lots of pads and airy stuff going on in the intro, dropping the pads on drop will make it sound weak, because bass and stuff isnt as airy as those pads.

careful eqing id say. sure a fat pad, panned from right to left in the 300hz area will muddy up your drop, hipass it at 800 and itll more than often just fit in there well, at least if youre doing deeper styles.

Back
Top Bottom