At what age should we stop being Junglists?

junglefever93

There will be a generation of people who will still like this music and maybe will carry on liking it till they get old. But how old is too old to go out to Drum and Bass events?
Will they have over 30s only drum and bass events in the future? Will you be sneered and joked on at a drum and bass scene when you are 50 because you liked the music since the beginning and wanted to experience it again? How would you treat someone that age if they were raving it up at that age at your nightclub? Other countries seem to mix that age gap with club music one hour and songs the next and the two mix okay, not sure if the UK can cope with that.

yea i dont know here in Canada its really rare to see someone over 30 at a drum and bass event, but i have seen it. Hey its a free country ;)

you do see 50+ year olds in raves on the odd occasion. used to see some old man wondering round with a rucksack on all the time

I always randomly see old people, I saw this man who must have been over 50 nearly 60 with his shirt off ravin he must have been a grandad. Thought I was losing it, had to proper stare to see if he was as old as I thought.

If your older than 50 defo not lol

in older ages you would have kids and if your wife is a dnb head too you will have the chance to go to events with your family :)

At what age should we stop going to dnb shows?

We'll know when we get there.

How about, "Why does this music stick with people as they get older?"

I am not that old, but i don't see myself out-growing the drum patterns of the mid-90s anytime soon. Of course, Percussion itself is the foundation of many more genres than just this one...so can it be outgrown? Considering the name is "drums w/bass".

So when "older" people are seen at shows these days, they want to hear the rythm of the drum and the bass, loud. ( "How to treat them?" wtf? )

Shows to me that the genre as a whole can no longer be considered just "club music"

i know there is an age when i will have too much prioritys to be raving every weekend. being only 19 atm thats far in the future after i finish uni and settle down with a good job wife n kids.

There will be a generation of people who will still like this music and maybe will carry on liking it till they get old. But how old is too old to go out to Drum and Bass events?
Will they have over 30s only drum and bass events in the future? Will you be sneered and joked on at a drum and bass scene when you are 50 because you liked the music since the beginning and wanted to experience it again? How would you treat someone that age if they were raving it up at that age at your nightclub? Other countries seem to mix that age gap with club music one hour and songs the next and the two mix okay, not sure if the UK can cope with that.

mate.. go to a Raindance event..... theres always a few "older" peeps there! its wicked! everyone loves them! :rave:

Wouldn't it be kinda funny if you think about it now, when our generation gets older and we're all 60 year olds, and we're still rinsin dnb and dubstep and whatever. Because isn't it like that what you mostly listen in you're teens and 20's you'll end up listening for the rest of your lives. Kinda like all the geezers still dig rock n roll the most because that was the shit when they were young. So after 40 or 50 years all the youngsters are rinsin the music of the future and go saying things like "geez i had to visit my grandparents again and listen to that fucking wobble all weekend"

i know there is an age when i will have too much prioritys to be raving every weekend. being only 19 atm thats far in the future after i finish uni and settle down with a good job wife n kids.

Ill tell my kids to appreciate it lol. I havre had to put up with simply red m-people and any other shit my mu likes. whitney houston bobby brown the awful list goes on

Back
Top Bottom