Assassins Rules - Dark DnB? - Ableton WIP

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Sid Fidla James, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Sid Fidla James

Sid Fidla James Member

Been teaching myself Ableton recentey.
    Causin me to write tunes in a different manner to my Cubase setup, no keyboard :( lol
    Anyway, thought I'd post my lattest effort, feel free to comment

Cheers folks

2. djdevz

djdevz Member

nice vocal sample mate.... kicks n snares sounding pretty punchy although the snare could do with a slight boost around 2khz for a lil brightness imo.

bass n sub n complimenting each other nicely, n ur kicks not getting in the way it sounds..
    id say u got urself a pretty good production mate...although around 2:10 you intro another low synth which i think is conflicting with some other sounds like ur kick n sub...maybe low cut a lil more?

ur breaks got a good groove...im deffo feeling the vibes man, well done.

3. Sid Fidla James

Sid Fidla James Member

Cheers man.
    Could well be some phasing/tonal issues with 2nd bassline. This comp doesny have the best speakers for me to hear low end. Planning on sidechaining it with the kick, once i figure out how to on Ableton. Then yeah, prob put a low shelf on it to get rid of sub conflict.
    Cheers again for feedback.

4. luciduk

luciduk Active Member

not dark mate, seems more jump up than anything. Drums need to come stronger i thought, and that bass is depressingly simple to listen to you know... sounds just a straight saw wave?? really??

5. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

thats what i thought too. id scrap that bass and try again. maybe sample ray keiths terrorist bass and take it from there?

6. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

nice start, the buzz off the bassline is annoying tho, needs to be more interesting/varied, culd try splitting it into a few channels and add diffrent effects onto it for sumthing more exciting

7. Sid Fidla James

Sid Fidla James Member

lol. cheers for all the feedback.
    is more a case of teaching myself ableton than a serious tune. yeah, gotta admit the pattern to the main bass is boring as heck. no keyboard on this system though, so just drew quick pattern in. the sound, isn't a saw, it's a square and a sine, distorted to buggery. was the fx i was plaing with here really.
    main point i was looking out for was if folk thought anything stood out as being out of tune or such, as 99% of this tune is made from samples. wonderd how good my ear was for getting them about the right pitch.
    cheers loads for the responses, will bear them all in mind.