Asking for feedback on my first decent neurofunk track (work in progress)

Sounds really nice, loads of energy and certainly keeps moving forward. Drums sound a little muffled and the snare doesn't really have a lot of presence or snap, seems to be missing some high end. Either get busy with the EQ or layer another snare with a bit more bite in it! Sounds great when the strings come in towards the end, listening back through for a second time and I think you could do a subtle pad earlier on to fill the range that the string picks up. Sounds pretty empty without something there for nearly 2 minutes.

Interested to hear it all when it finished.

Hey again,
first of all thank you for your feedback it helps a lot :)

Here's a new version of the track :

Still no intro / breakdown / outro but i added some percussion and fx to boost the interest of the track (still didnt manage to add pads i couldnt make it work).
I also added a vocal line to add to the atmosphere.
But most of all i did a lot of mixing / mastering work on it, i hope it now sounds better and clearer. (previous version sound muffled because of the compression / bad mixing i guess). There's probably still a lot to do though

Feedback still very appreciated, thank you for your time guys :)

Last edited:
i like the track, i can see where its going and its going to be awesome....if i was you i'd trade out your snare which sounds more like a tom tom and put a punchier snare in it..it would totally bring up the energy of the whole track. other than that, really good track man, cant wait for the finished product

Found myself headbanging to this after just a couple of seconds.

Digging the snare, not so much the kick and hi-hats.

Also, the bass could use some layering.

Hey guys, i deleted the previous versions but here's the almost-finished version of the track.
I'm not sure i'm gonna make big changes on it anymore, cause i'm tired of this one.
I would not be surprised if you find that the atmosphere / structure of the track is weird, i like experimenting ^^
Anyways any kind of feedback is still appreciated, thank you for your time.

link : soundcloud.com/altudio/neurosis-version-09/s-uShEI

I like the concept of the track. The vocal is cool. The beat works with the vocals. Nice job. Try some shock elements and you can say this one is finished.

Back
Top Bottom