Asking for feedback on D&B track

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Altudio, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Altudio

Altudio New Member

Hey guys, this is my last production.

I've been producting for 4 years now. I'd like to know if i'm going to the right direction and what are my mistakes.
    If you took the time to listen to this track entirely i hope you enjoyed it and i would be very glad to read your feedback, feel free to bring any form of critisism. Thank you very much for this help.

maschinistom likes this.
  2. BattleteK

BattleteK Active Member

The buildup to the drop is a bit to calm for me, it doesn't really hype up to it if you know what I mean. Unless, that's what you're going for of course. Drums are good imo, except maybe a bit less reverb/volume on the kick. Furthermore, I think this is a great track with enough variation!

3. maschinistom

maschinistom Active Member

i like it and agree to BT, nice track with good variations. i would change the drums, sound too normal for this of music for now, esp. the snare. i don't know much about snare tuning myself, maybe BT can help. i think the snare should be much splashier, maybe add 1-2 extra layers with different snares types. i like this clip from icicle and i think he explains very well:

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  4. MentalFrame

MentalFrame Member

Love the bassline!
    The drop would kick in so hard with different drums. A lot cleaner and with less reverb, but that's just personal taste.
    And maybe a short break before the drop comes in. Your bass sounds so great, would give it more space

Nice one!

5. Altudio

Altudio New Member

Thank you for your feedbacks. After considering your suggestions and finalizing the project that's how the final track sounds like :

Derelicts Of Tomorrow likes this.
  6. Derelicts Of Tomorrow

Derelicts Of Tomorrow Breaksmith