Ask Your Production Questions To Mikal

Rich Pitchshift

VIP Junglist
As mentioned in another thread (here) DnB Blog are running a feature for you to ask your questions to Mikal. I thought I'd share the thread in here in case anyone had any production questions for him.

ill try and get this going with a question, maybe some more production heads want to get involved.
anyway, my question is:

what plugins do you normally have on your master channel and what are the reasons for using them?

what's the exact assignement on freqs you dedicate to each instruments( kick, snare, hsts, cymbals/ryde/crash/splash, rece, bass).
Do you use sidechain? If yes, on what do you apply the sidechain?
What's your favourite way to create a whobble bass?
Do you preferre working on resampling or just writing the midi and automation for a real time playing soft synth?

By knowing that most rigs they play on mono, why do we still need to see a mix on stereo???
I've noticed on many records of famous producers that even listening on mono, they use the effect in such magistral way that gives the impression of wide and spread sound... I would love to know what's the trick to enlarge the sound and make it banging for a rig sound system even if monoised... any tips?
Cheers
R.

When starting a tune, how do you go about advancing beyond the initial idea/sample/chord patter etc?

Back
Top Bottom