Asian Influences - Lau B (dBs Music in Plymouth)

I dig that sitar melody mate! but in general the track feels quite dull, theres not a lot of dynamics or stuffs going on really! your hats are just doing continuous 8 notes, but there could be more in there. And your snare has got a very low pitch and way too much distortion and kind of bugs me. There's no do's and do not's in producing music in terms of making the sounds but the trick is to make it into one stew if you know what I mean and I feel like your drums in this stew is still in the freezer. Got a bit philosophic here lol... hope I wasn't too hard on you but those are my thoughts.

Keep at it bro!

ok so I agree with the above posters note of the snare. It is quite low, pitch up to liking. the 8th note hats arent awful but a bit variation into the usual 3 3 1 3 timing may make it more interesting. or simply layer the 3 3 1 3 on top, and lower the 8th note hats. I like the drop bassline, it is nice. needs more variation, sitar is nice, song is nice, just needs tune up, variation, and more oomph if u know what i mean.

hope i helped a little, cheers!

thanks for feedback! had written a massive reply, but lost it and cba to retype it haha! was basically just saying thanks guys, and i appreciate the feedback! Ill get a mac real soon so say goodbye to badly EQd tunes :P

thanks for feedback! had written a massive reply, but lost it and cba to retype it haha! was basically just saying thanks guys, and i appreciate the feedback! Ill get a mac real soon so say goodbye to badly EQd tunes :P

Agree with what the others have said.

Now, onto this comment.....Buying a mac does not mean you will instantly be able to magically EQ your sounds. No matter what DAW you use, or what system, you can EQ properly. I use Ableton, on a PC, and I like to think I can EQ ok. I know alot of others (John Miszt springs to mind) who are amazing at EQ work (He also uses Ableton on a PC)

Agree with what the others have said.

Now, onto this comment.....Buying a mac does not mean you will instantly be able to magically EQ your sounds. No matter what DAW you use, or what system, you can EQ properly. I use Ableton, on a PC, and I like to think I can EQ ok. I know alot of others (John Miszt springs to mind) who are amazing at EQ work (He also uses Ableton on a PC)

Good point mate, i see where your coming from :) what i mean was that because i made this at college, as well as all the other work i have to do, i dont get an overly huge ammount of time to work on it.. so with a mac i can spend hours of free time tweeking that i currently dont have!!

again, safe for feedback :)

Back
Top Bottom