ASC, Sam KDC, Synth Sense, Method One - Veil/Unveil 002 [Auxiliary 18-11-13]

Finally listened to the previews last night as i was away for a few days, stunning as usual. Ascetic is probably my least favourite but the other three are gorgeous, Symmetry is the one for me. Will bag for sure.

excellent tunes as always. auxiliary been on good form this year.

on a slightly unrelated note of the surus vs redeye thing. yeah its good that artists / labels see more of the money via surus, but record shops need our support too. if you by direct from surus, record shops get nothing at all. if you buy from redeye they get a small cut and the artist/label still gets a bit too. seems win win to me. its not like surus dont take a cut either, they dont provide those stores for free...

every record store day (and lots of other days besides) people moan about the lack/demise of physical shops ('it wasnt like this in my day, i remember going in my local shop and getting my promos etc etc) yet people are constantly urged not to shop in them these days. buy direct etc. situation is fucked.

big up redeye, they get my £££ every week.

This is a good point too. Since I buy digital, Surus is perfect. It consolidates my favorite labels. I buy so much from them that I get a discount too. My only gripe is how the music is categorized. I've missed a few tunes because they're labeled under "bass music." Maybe a "170" genre would fix that.

Sit refreshing web page at midnight to ensure bagging tunes instead of relationship with human being in shop. Buzz when postman delivers cardboard package.

I miss being sold leftover shit by long haired chin stroking techno head in real record shop.

Fuck my life. Big up my limited edition vinyl collection.

I'm not being sarcastic either.

That 'yeeeaaaah' in the run out of the method one track fully freaked me out when it came blasting out of my speakers haha. Massive respect for the classic Partridge/Day today commentary as well. Auxiliary smashing it with great taste in music and comedy!

That 'yeeeaaaah' in the run out of the method one track fully freaked me out when it came blasting out of my speakers haha. Massive respect for the classic Partridge/Day today commentary as well. Auxiliary smashing it with great taste in music and comedy!

Hah! Glad someone finally picked up on these little vinyl only 'bonuses'. There's also one on Programme 01 EP 12" :)

Back
Top Bottom