Artists like Aphrodite?!?!?

supernova1979

Hi there,

I've got a question...I'm pretty new in the D'nB scene, but I would like to expand my knowledge AND my vinyl collection with much more D'nB than I've got now. Till now, I've been playing Nu Skool breaks and I would like to add some more funky Drum and Bass.
My question is....a style of D'nB that I really appreciate is the style like Aphordite makes it, with melodic parts, nice melodic bass line and a straight beat. Does anybody of you guys know artists that have kind of the same style of music as him? Then I would like to check out some 12" by them.
Thanks!
Gr,

Supernova

supernova1979 said:
Hi there,

I've got a question...I'm pretty new in the D'nB scene, but I would like to expand my knowledge AND my vinyl collection with much more D'nB than I've got now. Till now, I've been playing Nu Skool breaks and I would like to add some more funky Drum and Bass.
My question is....a style of D'nB that I really appreciate is the style like Aphordite makes it, with melodic parts, nice melodic bass line and a straight beat. Does anybody of you guys know artists that have kind of the same style of music as him? Then I would like to check out some 12" by them.
Thanks!
Gr,

Supernova

Ezze mate have a look for labels called True Playaz, Urban Takeover, Soul:R, Advanced, Craetive Source. There a good set of labels to begin your collection with but you should really be checking out DSC14, Penetration Records, Freak, L Plates, Cause 4 Concern, Ram, & Transparent for that darker tip;)

If you like Aphrodite then you'll love Bizzy B. Also maybe you'd like Slipmatt because they look almost the same.

artists like Pascal and Zinc are great, plus a guy called Dagga has made wicked musical jumpy stuff lately, check him out

These labels are worth a look for that hiphop crossover

Joker
Switch
Da Lick
Chronic
Ganja
Fresh Kutt
Influential
Urban takeover
Dope Dragon
Philly Blunt

Aphrodite is a bit unique- i like them and also

Hospital records - the only jazzy/funky style i like (Freeform is great!)
Ram Trilogy (classic darkside)
Bad Company (ultimate darkside/dancefloor)
Matrix (nothing to do with the movie, ace flow/funky style)
True Playaz (a bit "disorganized" but original & phat)
CAuse 4 Concern
Usual Suspects
Dom & Roland (excellent atmospheric darkside stuff)

as for new stuff

Blackmarket Recordings (they seem to get something going on)
and
www.giana-brotherz.de (fresh on the net, nice distortion style DnB)

Back
Top Bottom