artistCalled6 [Beatwarfare] - A Long Farewell - Chillout?

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by artistcalled6, Jan 15, 2015.

1. artistcalled6

artistcalled6 New Member

I was digging through the mess or projects while I'm packing up to move. Wasn't sure what to classify this as? Definitely a step in a different direction from my other posted songs.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  2. Xujih

Xujih New Member

What are you using to write with? I think the melody is a bit too simple and could also do with variation throughout the piece, and it might be worth varying the percussion a bit more with an extra percussive element or two :)

3. VOIR

VOIR New Member

Sounds interesting. I'd call that ambient electronic but it's hard to make a distinction. You should try adding more percussive elements to your music :)

4. artistcalled6

artistcalled6 New Member

Thanks for the feedback Xujih. This piece was done with a Bass Guitar, Electric Guitar, Ableton, Push and Sonic Faction plugins. I agree, it needs more variation. One of those tracks I had left in the closet and just wasn't sure if I should rework or it, or just move on.

- - - Updated - - -

Appreciate the feedback VOIR. Usually I focus primarily on the percussion like in Passed Transgression

I think on this song I might have been looking for minimal, but ended up with more monotony.