Artist Recommendations

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by KNLB, Mar 9, 2013.

1. KNLB

KNLB New Member

Hey, I'm new to this forum, also pretty new to drum n bass. One of the reasons I signed up was to get some recommendations from people who know what they're talking about. My only prior experience with dnb is Aphex Twin and Amon Tobin, so I'm looking for something more straightforward. The song that got me into drum n bass is the Spor remix of Two Fingers - That Girl. I know only the last half is dnb, but I'm looking for a similarly sparse, percussive, and hard-hitting style. If anyone could recommend to me the best artists who have a similar sound, I would greatly appreciate it.

2. D-Jhepz

D-Jhepz ◕‿◕

dub phizix, jade, mindscape, breden, funktion, stone, bad education,ed:it, athys and duster, sativa dub, dub motion, audio, black sun empire, mutated forms, calyz and teebee... amongst a few

3. KNLB

KNLB New Member

Thanks! So what am I looking for? Techstep comes up a lot on their wikis

4. D-Jhepz

D-Jhepz ◕‿◕

i would very GENERALLY class them all as tech and some as jump up but this nu skool jump up

5. wingz

wingz everyones fav austrian

nu skool jump up?

[​IMG]

bn14 likes this.
  6. Patrick93

Patrick93 Member

Yeah you'll mostly be looking at the Neurofunk & Techstep styles.

I'd recommend Calyx & TeeBee, Dom & Roland, Noisia, Konflict, Phace, Misanthrop, Ed Rush & Optical, Cause4Concern, Audio, Black Sun Empire.

7. bn14

bn14 Well-Known Member

8. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

best thing i could recomend is to listen to dj mixes, you will soon get a feel for what sort of thing you like and by who.

have a look in the mixes and track listings section. lots up for grabs. off the top of my head there should be an ed rush mix, the upbeats and a calxy and teebe set. they will more than likley play some stuff you like.

dont limit yourself to anyone one style/artist/record label.
    id recomend checking dbridge's rinse fm set from 6th mar... lots of different styles on there to tickle your taste buds.

9. KNLB

KNLB New Member

Yeah I do like Noisia too from what I've heard from them. I definitely don't limit myself as far as that's concerned, I also bought a lot of Bukem recently and some Chase & Status. Trying to cover all the bases, but tech I guess is my preferred style. I'll check out some of those mixes!