DnB Article about optimizing your gain structure...

This is knowledge I'm personally aware of, however, it was an excellent read and take on the importance of the matter of gain structure and working in a DAW at a high bit rate. This will also be a great resource to the newer people in the production game that are on the frontlines of the "loudness war."

Cheers.

Good read, rep added, all that jazz!

Questions:

- Should I make sure nothing peaks over -14dBFS?
- Will this "optimal level" change if I'm working in 16 bit?
- How / where [in FL Studio specifically] do I find out if I'm working in 16 or 24 bits?

Cheers!

Heyheyhey, no reason to get all aggro. Some of us might be imbecile Netherlanderthals listen to womp womp womp hardstyle dancing with every ugly chicks but at least they have their saggy tits out flopping about and you're just in enough of a state to "accidentally" cop a feel, right?

And then you've got the super serial super professional recording artist productioners using only the freshest DAWs and pirated VST plugins like a boss. We use terms like "headroom" and "leave it to the mastering super scientist engineers" to compensate for lack of oomph in our tracks.

Now you see why you're scum and I'm a refined talented creator, senses sharp like a finely honed Damascus blade, ear canals perfectly tuned to the brainwaves of the young and impressionable mind of a budding ketamine addict I could go on and on like this, son.

Last edited:
I beg to differ. There's bound to be loads of like minded cro mandemnon fellers rocking the docks of Amsterdam, surely.

it would probably be quite scary though wouldnt it. cos it would look like its landing right in your face wouldnt it. sniffing glue is well mint m6. then rob somebodys phone and start a fight at the late night kebab, begging cigarettes.

Back
Top Bottom