ARTFX - Unidentified (WIP)

lots of cool stuff going on there, lots of big rezzy spikes messing it a bit, but i guess u'll sort that when its finished, post up the finished one, i like what i'm hearin so far

u got a nice break going on at the beginning (0:45)...but around 2:35 the kick sounds a lil different? not sure if im a fan of that kick, much prefer the one at 0:45
a lil bland with the main synth, need a lil variation IMO..
u got some good elements going on but the 2nd drop needs more impact..i barely realised it dropped.

im not hating on the track, i think its got potential..just stating my opinions of it.. :)

Thanks for the replies!
Gonna look at the second drop, and take off a little bit of the lowend on the kickdrum, any more tips?

I can't make this style for shit but anyway, I quite liked the bass tone but I still felt it could use a bit more saturation or light distortion.

I like the idea of the slow build into the second drop, but I thought the drums came in too abruptly.
The second drop is different from the first, it's higher in pitch, which gives it less weight? (perhaps) which for my ears is the wrong order of things. I was thinking it might second second drop back to the first riff but no.

Pretty nice tho.

I can't make this style for shit but anyway, I quite liked the bass tone but I still felt it could use a bit more saturation or light distortion.

I like the idea of the slow build into the second drop, but I thought the drums came in too abruptly.
The second drop is different from the first, it's higher in pitch, which gives it less weight? (perhaps) which for my ears is the wrong order of things. I was thinking it might second second drop back to the first riff but no.

Pretty nice tho.

Thanks, still working on it and this is just a rough sketch, so I can change things to my likings later on after hearing some more tips here on the forum. :D

bearing in mind my sound is very diffrent to urs, my suggestions would be get the hats crisper (less tail, less hi-midrange, is there verb/delay going on? i think its pulling it back a bit), and give the mid range more space so the can bassline fill the soundscape more, check around 200-300 to get sum of those rezzy spikes out (worth checking an octave above each notch too, double the freq), not too many tho, the rez is nice n dirty, could be worth splitting the bassline up into diffrent freq bands (careful of phase probs) and processing each seperatly to get it really punchy, its a very rezzy bassline, can be hard to control, but if you split the sound up you can get it soundin sick, and its pretty sick already!

i think your kick and snare have lost their charcter a bit in the mix, levels are fine, they punch nicely but they need a little more space in the mid/top end

Okay great tip!
I already splitted the bassline, but haven't done anything more than distorting the mids and highs, using some EQ boosts at some frequencies and no mastering yet.
So will look to that tomorrow. I don't think I've put reverb or delay on my hats, but I'll try making the tail a little shorter, guess it's an quite airy hihat from itself.

Great tips so far, would like to hear more! Thanks dnbforum! :D

Back
Top Bottom