ARTFX - Shiki

this is sick man, much prefer it to deathly desires, the bass is amazing on this one. the way u cut it up is great stuff...

but im actually starting to wonder why dont u make any dnb ??! :(

this is sick man, much prefer it to deathly desires, the bass is amazing on this one. the way u cut it up is great stuff...

but im actually starting to wonder why dont u make any dnb ??! :(

Because I'm working on Dubstep tunes for a label mate. :D
After that I'm going to pick up DNB again and try get aa release on that.

Last edited:
Absolutely love the drum work in the intro. Awesome drop too! You've nailed that typical dubstep bass (something which I'm still frustratingly trying to do!)

You can't go wrong with squares or saws mate. De fundamentals of this basses are squares and saws with a high pitch layer on top.

Yeah I'm using those in massive, with the polymath too. But for some reason I just can't get that sound. It's bugging the hell outta me lol!

Yeah I'm using those in massive, with the polymath too. But for some reason I just can't get that sound. It's bugging the hell outta me lol!

Yeah or the Roughmat or Crude is very nice. And try using bandpass and bandreject instead of lowpass.

sub bass could be turned up a bit . Also that snare seems verryy odd im not too much into it personally , a more nautral sounding snare might fit a bit better in my opinion

kool track mate. this is reli like alot of the sounds im making at the minute, very much inspired by reso etc.

can really hear the massive at work here.

one point i would say is that yer the snare is lacking a little, sounds like it needs a sharper attack n punch through the mix a little more and that the low end needs a bit more movement and also could do with boosting a little more. other than that good basis for a growling smelly wobbler.

Back
Top Bottom