ARTFX - Poject Zero WIP

this sounds cool man, but seems like there is a lack of sub frequencys!! the beat seems to have no low end on it to me really... the structure of the drop was great but no bass in there

this sounds cool man, but seems like there is a lack of sub frequencys!! the beat seems to have no low end on it to me really... the structure of the drop was great but no bass in there

As I said in the OP Lucid, I haven't had any time to add a subbass layer yet, but am doing that right now so will be uploading the new version soon. ;)

---------- Post added at 17:05 ---------- Previous post was at 16:15 ----------

Just done a sub layer, now working on getting the vocals in sync with the percussion in the intro, and damn that was a fucked up thing to do.

new version will be up in couple of hours.

---------- Post added at 18:06 ---------- Previous post was at 17:05 ----------

Added the new version in the OP, there was an option in Ozone 4 called 'bass tighten' that took out all of my low end on the drums, so took that out.
Also added a sub layer now and reworked the vocal timing, looking forward to the responses!

Last edited:
like this a lot as mentioned above though i think a vox stab is needed and maybe some fills just for interest and to build tension/expectation

quite nice. Haven't got remarks left really. Was wondering though, about the drop at 2.20. The transition might be better if you'd cut the vocals off after 'spirit of evil'. There's something about that transition that doesn't feel slick... I don't know, just something i thought.

Still thinking how it would sound if you'd have more lyrical vocals though, haha. Some choices make such a difference to what your ending product could be. I mean, you've got an excellent tune here. But at the point where you had to choose sample/lyrics, that's such a big choice right there... Defines your entire tune. Just some filosophical shit man, i'm not saying you should've went for lyrics, just thinking about what a difference this would make.

Yeahh thanks appreciate your ideas a lot! Nothing wrong with it.
You brought me on the idea of hooking up with several artists who know how to do English vocals. :D

Already think it's gonna be wicked, really looking forward to that project.

Yeahh thanks appreciate your ideas a lot! Nothing wrong with it.
You brought me on the idea of hooking up with several artists who know how to do English vocals. :D

Already think it's gonna be wicked, really looking forward to that project.

aight, cool man. Gotta think about it like this: if you make a tune, you gonna be promoting it and telling people about it. But if you use vocalists too, they gonna be telling and letting people hear their work too! So you've got fun projects, interaction with em while working on it and there will be the extra talking about it. I see nothing but benefits. ;D

Clean sounds man, nice, beats a hard hitter, nice.
Synth before the drop was a little strange at first, but is it going to be used as a drop method later on?
First time DAW user and this is what it's sounding like? Nice, that's a fast learner if I ever saw one.
Nice going man, keep it up.
Steve

Back
Top Bottom