ARTFX - Nasty Bass Project

ARTFX

Artist, sound designer and tutor
VIP Junglist
Been working on this for a week now.
Lots of sound design and synthesis in this one.
Could use some advice for finishing this monster, which one is better, the vocal update or the original?

VOCAL UPDATE:

ORIGINAL:

Also check my other thread for 1GB of free samples which I recorded my own.
So it's not the usual stuff, hehee.. :D

http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php?115051-ARTFX-Sound-Effects-Volume-1

Last edited:
Where is the sub? Dude check the last part, when the bass kicks in.
hold your hand against the subwoofer on your monitors and you'll feel there is quite a lot of sub in it.
It's just not a sine wave, but the bass pitched down and processed. This to let it blend with the bass.

Last edited:
WTF!!
Sorry m8 i'm not checking soundcloud when i heard it,
the track stopped before the drop (i thought was a small small clip :D )
yes, now i feel the sub!

Okay I was thinking like what? NO SUB?
That's one thing I spend a lot of time on, getting the subbass right. :P

This is sick! Love how the drums roll and bass sounds at the end are sweet, love the little edits.

Thanks guys, still working on this though, the bass was pretty troublesome to deal with in combination with the drums.
But the sound design I've been doing the last two days, included recording was really fucking me up. But still fun to do!
Also all the bass sounds in this except the main reese wobble towards the end are made through processing of recorded sounds.

So that was fun to do, going to buy a nice portable recorder soon, that's going to be sick! Also the little edits in the track at the end are all recorded and processed sounds.

yeah, exciting track.
IMO: It's true that the sub it's kind of invisible... also need some low-mid freq to get involved on bassline.
The atmospheric synths are gr8!

And tomorrow is going to be another update.
Was working on the vocals for this one when I got contacted by an MC.
So stay tuned, need to check it on monitors first. ;)

Your sound fx/edits bass stabs whatever, they sound really good. It's a load of fun mangling sounds like that. Sounds great.

Back
Top Bottom