Dubstep ARTFX - Like A Zombie feat. Farisha (work in progress)

The pitch shift at 1:47 and other places after the drop could use more growl or be resampled in fact I think all the pitch shifts should be resampled. And at 1:50 instead of doing more mid bass wobbles I think you should put in some vocal da da da da/ha ha ha ha and throw those in at various points in the song.
I would also like to hear more teasing from the pad in the drop. I guess what I am trying to say is your song has two destictive parts. A pretty intro and a bad ass drop. But I think you need to fortify your drop with resamples of your pitch shift mid-bass movements. Once you have that try melding the two together in a teasing fashon so at one time you can pull it all together in one beautiful bad ass sound. Then every one wil think this is the shit.
Note: I really like this song and please don't think I don't. I am trying to be as productive and helpful as possible.

The pitch shift at 1:47 and other places after the drop could use more growl or be resampled in fact I think all the pitch shifts should be resampled. And at 1:50 instead of doing more mid bass wobbles I think you should put in some vocal da da da da/ha ha ha ha and throw those in at various points in the song.
I would also like to hear more teasing from the pad in the drop. I guess what I am trying to say is your song has two destictive parts. A pretty intro and a bad ass drop. But I think you need to fortify your drop with resamples of your pitch shift mid-bass movements. Once you have that try melding the two together in a teasing fashon so at one time you can pull it all together in one beautiful bad ass sound. Then every one wil think this is the shit.
Note: I really like this song and please don't think I don't. I am trying to be as productive and helpful as possible.
Haha, good feedback, sort of what I meant by 'same plane of soundo_O' although I was in no fit state to be as constructive as you :D

Great feedback IV4, love your input. It was actually what I was thinking about, the drop and the intro need to sound more as a whole, but that's harder than you might think hahaa. I'll take a look into it mate!

Great feedback IV4, love your input. It was actually what I was thinking about, the drop and the intro need to sound more as a whole, but that's harder than you might think hahaa. I'll take a look into it mate!
I think we all know how hard it is. But if any one can do it, it is you.

I think we all know how hard it is. But if any one can do it, it is you.

Hahaa don't make me look like I'm already at the level I want to be.. :)
Still working on this one, but got another project for an upcoming release which has to be finished first.

This is a remix with a lot of potential for sure!
Much of the feedback already given is things I agree with, especially that you should play with a LP or BP filter on the vocals.
But I got some other ideas as well. Maybe you should spend more time with the details, like perhaps adding a reversed kickdrum reverb (or something like it) building up to the lonely kickdrum around 1.54 in the song. I would also like to see a time-stretch on the "robotized" vocals just before the drop. And maybe you should work some more on the build-ups, maybe adding some risers or filter sweeps to make the sound even bigger before taking it down in the breaks. Just my ideas though.
Cool you want to share work in progress!
And once again, the remix has huge potential!!

Back
Top Bottom