DnB ARTFX - Black Eyes WIP (first dnb project in two years)

ARTFX

Artist, sound designer and tutor
VIP Junglist
Drums sound good.The stabs sounds super reverb on my end. Cool track and I think you are off to a great start. I can not wait to hear the finished product.

Drums sound good.The stabs sounds super reverb on my end. Cool track and I think you are off to a great start. I can not wait to hear the finished product.

Yeah there is a lot of reverb on the stabs, maybe I should use the reverb in parallel.. Gonna try that in a minute. Thanks!

Love the intro! Time well spent.

Thanks for the compliment!

Not fully happy with it yet, but I don't remember me making a better intro than this.. I thought yesterday that maybe it was kinda long, but I like it so much that I just make the track longer instead of making the intro shorter.. :P

You know I really like this. Getting a very atmospheric feeling. I escpecially like the guitars. Personally, I don't mind if the intro is that long ;P

As the others have said, great atmosphere work on this one but yeah intro may be on the line of being too long. And I'm not too fond of your bass. I think a more low passed bass would make wonders.

Great production anyways! :)

As the others have said, great atmosphere work on this one but yeah intro may be on the line of being too long. And I'm not too fond of your bass. I think a more low passed bass would make wonders.

Great production anyways! :)

Well I'm more the guy who likes midrange basslines, so that's a no go for me. Anyway thanks for the advice, and yes I noticed that some people might prefer the intro to be shorter but hey, that's my artistic freedom that says not to do it.. :D

Will check this later dude, forgot last night but intrigued to hear reading the comments :)

fat chorus or what o:, bassline sounds very wet.
Nice intro mate. Although i'd like to hear a snare that goes more like tssh than Tsuk (Fonetic kinda typing :p)

Nice track though!

Thanks guys, looking forward to your feedback Russla! Just spend the entire afternoon jamming on my Meinl Deep Shell Tar drum and got some amazing percussion samples to replace the ones in the intro with... Stay tuned, I might even drop a sample pack.. ^^

Drums are sounding nice and punchy, the fit into the mix quite well. I really dig the break you have sequenced (2:56) and that grimey bass (3:42) is quite nice–so nice that I'd love to hear more of it hinted throughout the track; however, that's just me. The production and subtle automation is all fantastic.

All in all, I like the track. I feel like it could be a quality backing soundtrack for video game, and I mean that as a sincere compliment.

Cheers!

Drums are sounding nice and punchy, the fit into the mix quite well. I really dig the break you have sequenced (2:56) and that grimey bass (3:42) is quite nice–so nice that I'd love to hear more of it hinted throughout the track; however, that's just me. The production and subtle automation is all fantastic.

All in all, I like the track. I feel like it could be a quality backing soundtrack for video game, and I mean that as a sincere compliment.

Cheers!

Thanks mate, good to hear that from you. Still struggling a bit in getting this thing finished though.. :D

Diggin' this track mate. u should zeker en vast (dunno the english word for it atm but i see u speak dutch ) make more Drum&bass!

Btw is that a sixth sense sample?? i used that one exactly for an old clip of mine :D

grtz

Diggin' this track mate. u should zeker en vast (dunno the english word for it atm but i see u speak dutch ) make more Drum&bass!

Btw is that a sixth sense sample?? i used that one exactly for an old clip of mine :D

grtz

You mean the vocal? Nope mate it's coming straight from the 1978 horror movie: Halloween if I'm correctly.. could be another edition of the Halloween movies though, but I thought it was the 1978 one.

Will check this later dude, forgot last night but intrigued to hear reading the comments :)

Damn dude you forgot again? Hahaaa.. :D

Epic intro! Top skills.....its pretty long would shorten it personally. Drums are wicked and synth sounds good although i feel it could do with some variation perhaps some more wobbly bits and maybe some small snippets where it went a up an octave or you could utilise some picth bend together with lf filter?

Great job so far though man will keep an eye out for the next version

Thanks guys! The long intro is just personal preference and will not be changed.. I felt that this long intro actually adds to the whole buildup to the climax. I tried it with a shorter intro but things just didn't felt right in some way, so I like the longer intro. About the drop yes good advice about the "wobbly bits", sounds like a good idea. Also a pitch bend here and there might be pretty nice..

sounding cool man, good groove to it! think the main synth needs another couple of layers i recon, seems to be a bit to middy. potential deffo!

Back
Top Bottom