Dubstep ARTFX - Beat Canon (forthcoming on Dubstep Rotterdam Records vol. 3)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by ARTFX, Jun 2, 2012.

1. ARTFX

ARTFX www.artfx-studios.com

Hey guys, got my newest track right here which will be released soon on a free mixtape by Dubstep Rotterdam Records!

2. ApeCat

ApeCat Human Dubplate

Smooth intro, everything sounds tight as fuck overall. Not feeling the mid range filthy yargh yargh yargh vibe at all though...

Could do with some groovy percussion and stuff, there's so much space for interesting drum patterns in dubstep tunes.

The synth punctuating the bassline is too repetitive IMO, change it up every once in a while.

Vocal sample is boss!

3. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

Very well done. Intro was wonderful. Was not feeling the drop to much. Just opinion. The 2nd drop with the four to the floor beet I like more.
    I like Blergh alot.

4. ARTFX

Thanks guys, Blergh will be finished somewhere soon.. Although I've got so much work on my hands right now! I teamed up with Loopmasters and Lennar Digital for my upcoming tutorials videos. I hope to have the first one done next Tuesday and will of course keep you guys informed.

5. Elzerk

Elzerk 00111100 00110011

Ohhh noooo. All I say is that maybe look into the cymbals, I can't hear any unless that's the whole point.

6. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

artfx are you a professional?

7. ARTFX

Professional what? Producer? Not really.. Since in the end I have no degree in music production, but I've been making music since the age of 11 when I got my first computer. I've switched between a lot of genres and have worked together with other musicians quite a lot, I've worked with almost all possible software packages in multiple different professional studios. Now I have released a couple of tracks on multiple different labels, and have released multiple free tracks under Dubstep Rotterdam Records. Since 2009 I've my got own company for my graphic design work, but that has changed since this year. I'm now focusing a lot more on my music production and especially in educating about this.

Actually today at 12:00 CET I'll publish my first tutorial on my new Youtube channel and website.

:D

So professional in a way of having done a study and earning a degree, no... But professional in workflow, experience and knowledge, more likely a yes.

8. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

Nice.
    Make sure you put up a link to your tutorials.

9. ARTFX

[video=youtube_share;vBEDBFHjRLs]http://youtu.be/vBEDBFHjRLs[/video]

10. Baas(Bays)

Baas(Bays) New Member

the production level is good but, musically its rather poor. the bass barely does anything.. no notes just flashy fx... start fucking with the pitchbend wheel and make a progressing bassline..

11. ARTFX

There are some pitch bends in there, I don't want to have one pitching shit-bassline hahaa.. No I like pitchbending but this track I wanted to stay a little free of it..

12. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

Did you hire someone to talk for the intro or is that a computer? The intro is awesome I keep listing. That is good this song has staying power.

13. ARTFX

No the first vocal is just a vocal I've sampled mate.. :D The other vocal parts are cut up from an acapella that is probably still in the top 40 charts right now but who gives a fuck. No one will find it anyway hahaa..