Arranging non-dnb music

muzzadj

VIP Junglist
How do you guys go about arranging all your non-dnb music? (those that mix it)

I've got shit load of music at various bpm's and genre's and not really sure the best way to organise it in Serato so I don't let too many tunes slip.

Currently got it in genres but considering arranging it through bpm as it's all a bit of a mess and I forget about so many tunes at the moment!

I do my vinyl by genre, which pretty much makes it by BPM for you. Got dnb, sorted into separate sub genres. Then I've got separate stacks for house/garage/dubstep/tunes that change BPM/hip hop/scratch records/other (lionel richie/beatles/etc) its always a bit of a gamble when you pull something out of hip hop or the old school stuff. Is pretty much the same in serato, but I've got a few smart crates for specific BPM ranges (100-125, 126-135, etc)

I have a folder on the desktop that points to Serato, in which I have subgenre folders (House, Techno, D&B, Dubstep & Bass/UKG.) Then I whack them into Serato under the All section, write ID tags etc and drop them into Sub genre crates (same as in the desktop folder.) I haven't ripped ANY of my Hip Hop yet. I don't want to do my CD's through iTunes, for fear of fucking up my OCD file structure I've got going on. What's a good program to rip cd's on Mac OS X that ISN'T iTunes? Maybe then I'll add my Hip Hop as well.

as much as i hate itunes, and am soon to be getting doubletwist... i run all my tunes through mixedinkey, then upload to itunes/ manually fill in bpm then smart playlist by bpm... everything that goes isnt dnb is just one folder as its mainly for listening purposes... dnb is divided into 5 for listening/mixing purposes

Back
Top Bottom