arrangin your record collection

dj eeze

abit randon i know..... does anyone else arange their record collection for example i sort of have mine based on release date so old stuff through to new releases. i find it easier to know where to look especially if u got a big collection.

am i the only one??

when im at home i have newer stuff in one area n older stuff in another. But wen i play out i have promos at d front and general releases at d back of my box. Furthermore in promos and general releases they are usually in a record label order. I cant stand it wen i need to drop a tune at a certain point wen playin out but cant find the track!

my records are all over the place man, they are all in sleaves but in no kind of order, i should get them in order really cos i have a mix everyday and i find my self only playin the choon s at the front of the pile, need to mix up me choons some more...

abit randon i know..... does anyone else arange their record collection for example i sort of have mine based on release date so old stuff through to new releases. i find it easier to know where to look especially if u got a big collection.

am i the only one??

yeh.... stuff i play and stuff i dont.... thats as far as it goes.... hahaha...

Made the stupid mistake of Putting 'P' on all my white labels and promo's, iD'ing the side i play - now got 100's of em which is a right bitch if i'm looking for something in particular, generally same as most others really, what i am currently playing and then a pile of quick mix teasers and a pile of recent Promo's. a friend of mine is proper anal about that 'Alphabetical' thing - makes sense but it's all about storage, got too many tunes and not enough space if you see what i mean??

am i the only one??

as far as the box goes - brand new tunes/promos at the front.

a few combos and tingz in the middle or relativly new tunes.

then older tunes to the back.

also have a a group of teases lumped together in there - stuff i know i more or less never full drop.

i generally keep tunes i know go well together next to each other in the box. i know it pretty well whenever i set out, so never really searching through trying to find things.

as far as the collection goes.
i've got a lump of jump up/dance floor
then a lump of liquid
then all ep's/lp's
then just 'everything else' whatever that may be....

ya na.

oh, and in the future i'd like to probably go down this route :

l_fd5193b1c70518eecd577aa53ffac60d.jpg

its essential to arrange them and keep them in the same order so you check go straight to the tune you want quickly.
i dont have my decks anymore but my was set-up like this....

1.picture discs
2.promos (a-z)
3.black labels
4.small full releases (labels all 2geva in release order oldist 1st)
5.big full releases
6.ep's (2x vinyl eps at the front 3x after etc...)

oldies (2005 backwards) in a seperate pile but in the same order as the newbies.

i think it also looks alot better than just having them all over the place
respect

am i the only one??

I just have assorted piles, lol..
'Dark/Techy pile'
'Liquid / Gay Tunes pile'
'Dubby shiz pile'
'Old Skool pile'
'Promo's pile'
'Shit Tunes Pile'

I think thats about it.

To be honest i've got too many to even try to arrange them. I would like to one day maybe.

I have promos at the front then tech stuff then jump up then liquid then ragga influence stuff then eps and lps. Its good cus it lets you mix faster. :smash:

Personally I keep newer stuff in the bag for ease of use,along with promos,and the ones
that never leave the bag.EVERYTHING else goes......anywhere that it can fit in the room.Boxes,boxes,boxes.crates the flair awwww nawwwww their everywhere.AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHH!Save me!

Back
Top Bottom