arrangin your record collection

Hmm - I do it by artist.

i used to do it like this but it gets far to confusing what with alias's (dirty harry, double zero, capone etc.) and colab's, especially ppl like majistarte & nicol, SBS & drumsound etc., i can never remember who's done what tunes on thier own....

also means i know my labels:slick:

How many records do you normally bring to a gig? Buying a record box and wondering which one to go for... 50 or 100.

I arrange mine so i have records at the front, some records at the back and usually the majority of my records go in the middle.

I arrange mine so i have records at the front, some records at the back and usually the majority of my records go in the middle.

theres a thread on here already bout this, think its called "planning ur mixes"

i do it in alphabetical order of record label. makes the most sense to me for some reason.

Exactly, then i subarrange by release #.

(plus this helps remember what labels you are playing ;) )

PS: noobs the post starting talking about their collection, not jsut one box of records, us older gents are talking about our shelfs, that are as big as the booty on sir mix-a-lot video.

Last edited:
ive got my vinyls organized pretty well.. ive got about 7 milk crates full.

i have dividers with labels on them.
"Jump Up"
"Old Jump Up"
"Old School"
"Mainstream"
"Dancefloor"
"Dark/Techy"
"Classic Teasers"
etc. etc.

then i have my record bag full mostly of the freshest vinyls that ive got.

ive seen some other vinyl collections that look like SHIT! id be ashamed to spend so much money on something and not take care of it.

Back
Top Bottom