Arpeggio VST?

Menosance

aka OSOI
VIP Junglist
Hello guys,

I am looking for a good vst that creates Arpeggios. I do use Ableton's but it sounds too simple, in the sense that it doesn't give it you that much choice. Now, is it either me who doesn't know how to use it well or Ableton's too basic. Do you have any ideas of vsts that do only the work of an Arpeggio?

Thanks, Much Love
Menosance :)

I have 2 laptops with one has live 8 and the other has live 9. No I haven't got M4L (tbh I don't know what M4L is :( )

- - - Updated - - -

I mainly use Live 8 for my productions though. I have Live 9 (program only) because it came as a family gift.

- - - Updated - - -

aaaa I know what M4L is. Yes, I do have Max For Live on live 8

well, with m4l you can use a lot of step sequencers and many other devices.
Just have a look around the devices and check also online for some more downloadable stuff. I think on the ableton or max webpage they should have a section with the download devices section.
Also try combining Chord, Arp,Random and Scale devices in a way to build your modular arp device.
Also you can try putting them parallel or serial and much more...

I got ya... you would love an all in one solution, but before you go mad looking for a pre made solution, I suggest try experimenting with what you got.

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to include a useful little link: http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/ableton-live/chaining-arps-in-ableton-live

Yeah I never had much luck with Abletons arppegiator, so I bought Xfer Records Cthulhu cos u can make better arps with it, and you can make chords too. And its only like £25.

well, with m4l you can use a lot of step sequencers and many other devices.
Just have a look around the devices and check also online for some more downloadable stuff. I think on the ableton or max webpage they should have a section with the download devices section.
Also try combining Chord, Arp,Random and Scale devices in a way to build your modular arp device.
Also you can try putting them parallel or serial and much more...

I got ya... you would love an all in one solution, but before you go mad looking for a pre made solution, I suggest try experimenting with what you got.

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to include a useful little link: http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/ableton-live/chaining-arps-in-ableton-live

Thanks for the link. Didn't know about that :D. I am still gonna take a quick look at the Max libary, but with that technique of using 2 Arps, gonna stick to using live's Arp.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I never had much luck with Abletons arppegiator, so I bought Xfer Records Cthulhu cos u can make better arps with it, and you can make chords too. And its only like £25.

Gonna give it a look.
Thanks.

this is a demo of what I did today in 5 minutes by creating a modular rack in Live containing the Live native midi plugins and switching the the devices on and off during the arrangement.
I've used in order: two parallel channel on a first rack, one ch with Pitch and Chaos devices and the parallel just with a Pitch at -12, both channels passing trough a Chord device, then there's another rack with 3 arps in parallel with different setting each other, after that I've used another Chaos device with low chance, then a Velocity device and a Scale device in Dorian Mode. As instrument I've used the Electric with the "Bells and Tiles" preset.

All what I've left to do is to press and hold the C1 key and the magic happen! While for a more creative structure I just switched off and on parallels channels or changed slightly some parameters... nothing special, but interesting themes...
If you want I can upload for you the rack.

this is a demo of what I did today in 5 minutes by creating a modular rack in Live containing the Live native midi plugins and switching the the devices on and off during the arrangement.
I've used in order: two parallel channel on a first rack, one ch with Pitch and Chaos devices and the parallel just with a Pitch at -12, both channels passing trough a Chord device, then there's another rack with 3 arps in parallel with different setting each other, after that I've used another Chaos device with low chance, then a Velocity device and a Scale device in Dorian Mode. As instrument I've used the Electric with the "Bells and Tiles" preset.

All what I've left to do is to press and hold the C1 key and the magic happen! While for a more creative structure I just switched off and on parallels channels or changed slightly some parameters... nothing special, but interesting themes...
If you want I can upload for you the rack.

Nice sounds. Yeah sure, you can send it to ecachia94@gmail.com. Yours sounds much more complex than mine.

Bluearp (free) or that xfer chdnfdha,2wdhbfejsd d one. It's like Cthulue or some unintelligent foreign name

Back
Top Bottom