arguably the worst hip hop song ever: rich hil - wings

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by logikz, Jun 23, 2011.

1. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

lately ive noticed how there are lots of rappers out there copying lil wayne.
    which boggles the mind quite frankly, its bad enough lil wayne is making music, but his whole style is shit, goes without saying surely, so why the hell would anyone copy that? its like these rappers never actually bothered getting into hip hop, they got some young money records and thats it.
    its a trick to quicker get big in the pop charts i guess, but anyway this kid came to my attention cos of his steady output of tunes, hes done absolutely tonnes of shit and i happened to find one that was pretty good so i figured id read up on him. heres the thing, hes tommy hilfigers son. so thats how he can be int the studio 24/7 doing weed and vicodin basically. when he talks about being from the north side and drugs and other gangsta references the wigger wannabe rapper poser factor is just too much, that coupled with his emo nonsense lyrics which couldve been written by a twelve year old i think what we have here is arguably the worst rapper ever. and this tune demonstrates all of it, he barely raps, just groans in a kind of screechy whinging tone, barely rhymes and the chorus is really really dumb. im kind of groovy offa wine right now so excuse my grammar. the more i write the worse my grammar gets for some reason, my tempus went away long ago.

thoughts? you know about this guy?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  2. Subjekt Music

Subjekt Music Well-Known Member

I stopped being interested as soon as i saw 'he's Tommy Hilfigers son'

It's shit like this why hip hop has been in a bad state for god knows how many years

3. ThePapa

ThePapa Suffragette City..

[​IMG]

It's no surprise that he's grown up to look like he's spent most of his life in jail. He couldn't look more gangland if he'd tried.

Am I wrong for not hating that tune Logikz? I'd even say I find it mildly charming. Could've been so much worse.

4. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

Sounds like a Pharrell clone

5. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

and he's pulling the exact same pose as your avatar

and you can't look hardcore with a tattoo of audrey hepburn on your left arm

6. logikz

yes jaro, you are so terribly horribly inextricably immorally unethically frightfully mortally frighteningly drastically spasm so strong i break my spine wrong.
    but each to their own of course my dear boy, jaro you are allowed an opinion after all, and you must conform to logikz point of view or im pissing on my hand only to go straight down the market and squeeze cantalopes. and then whos the asshole jaro. think jaro, think before you speak next time, or youre putting a lot of innocent people in harms way.

here. let me take you through the creative process when he wrote the hook:
    im high (weed rap, no problem there, all he does is smoke weed so he didnt really have to reach for that one)
    like i had wings on my back (natural follow up, birds are high, birds have wings)
    but you cut them shits off
    cos you wanna see me fall (emo drivel to masquerade as an artist. you cant cut someones high-off-drugs-wings off, its terribly poor writing, but next to drugs teenagers will want to point fingers at their parents, complain about their childhood etc)
    and dont that feelin just make you wanna run away
    and dont that feelin just make you wanna run away (what feeling, the high from weed? or the feeling that someone somehow cut your wings. more emo drivel, this time repeated twice to make it seem like it rhymes probably, the lil wayne style of rapping allowes to use the same word twice after each other like a rhyme, only its not, its just the same word again)

wigga please.

7. ThePapa

ThePapa Suffragette City..

I do apologize Logikz the lyrical content is absolute drivel but then again I was weened on a diet of the Rolling Stones and Cream and tunes like this...

So high poetic content dont mean shit to me!

8. logikz

nonsense, that there and the bands you mentioned are pure poetry to me. my sister was a crummy witch, she lived in the woods in a dirty ditch. some of that old real shit, you cant tell me its not

9. Phat_Sam

Phat_Sam Well-Known Member

sounds like it could be...

[​IMG]

have to say I don't mind it.

I prefer emo rap to the bullshit that some people come out with...

"yo nigga, i'mma come in your window and rape you, i got so many gats my trousers are saggin and i have loads of bitches that like to suck me off while i'm takin a piss and i have so much weed its making you jelly and i've had the hardest life because my mum died when i was 35 and my dad abused me by forcing expensive gifts and holidays on me and i come from the ghetto-est place and have so much pimped out cars and 8 tonnes of gold around my neck and people always come to my parties because i give them goody bags and birthday cake and now i'm gonna impose some of my morals on you because rememebr kids, I'm a bad person but you wanna be me but im telling you that you dont wanna be me after making you jelous of all my bitches and crack"

or something...

10. mr A

mr A Well-Known Member

Makes me want to punch my computer screen!!!!!! It makes it even worse for me knowing that he's a from a well off family and still feels the need to be something he can never be. And what the fuck is he doing having Audrey Hepburn tattooed on his arm??? Must be some coded gansta shit!!

11. logikz

haha, i hate fiddy cents raps too, but thats on a different level. pop rap music about money from someone claiming to be rich on his first album that you never heard of. i wonder if these people lost their mind, i found a guy name maywheather when i was trolling fiddy cents youtube page, it was a video montage with price tags on diamonds and cars and the lyrics were about money and buying. its so far removed from hip hop there is nothing left of it in there. but fretting over pop music is nothing new, this rich hil dude isnt big in the charts, he probably wants to be, but right now hes just responsible for one of the worst songs i ever heard. it riles me it does. there is no shortage of sucka mcs but i thought this was worth mentioning

12. ApeCat

ApeCat Human Dubplate

Cut 'im some slack, I know sometimes all of us wish we were black, right?

:teeth: