ARGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
GOD DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!

Dont you hate when you have one of those evenings where nothing comes together????!!!!!!!!!!!

I've just sat here for at least 2 hours now trying to start a new track! And it's all amounted to shit!

I have nothing to show for those two hours, nothing!!!

/rant!:not_worth

so ffucking true. this has happened to me for the past few days. Come home hooked up all my shit, started messing around in a nice scale got an ok synth line going then everything just stops for like an hour and i just have an 8 bar melody for a night of producing. Wwhen i could have been doing coursework :|

Yeah I know, it happens lol!

Doesnt stop it being frustrating as hell!

Guess I'll just focus on the website I'm creating instead. Oh the wonders of html!

its the 8 bar melody's and synth patches that do it. Doing ground bass for a composition in music gcse ive got like 20 minutes worth of 8 bar melodys all saved for my ground bass but i cant seem to get anywhere with it :/

haha. all day. i only finish 1 a month and 100 8 bar melodies.
used to be alot easier when i chonged. its like a little cigarette of inspiration.

too right fella!

those 8 bar melodies are good to hang onto though, never know what use you might find for them or skills you may learn to prgress them!

haha. all day. i only finish 1 a month and 100 8 bar melodies.
used to be alot easier when i chonged. its like a little cigarette of inspiration.

I always forget my stoned ideas :( Quite annoying cause they always seem amazing in my head at the time.

I normally go through a phase of not being able to come up with anything decent and then all of a sudden I get loads of ideas for different tracks. Quite weird I think.

One thing I always do if I'm simply not in the mood to create "music" is to make patches which can be very satisfying on it's own.

happens to everyone, i normally make something completely different, try and make some IDM or something, then go back to dnb the next day

When i hit that point, I do something else altogether to relax and take my mind off those things. Maybe a football session or a computer game, cook a classy meal, take the missus out etc...

You mean to say there's other stuff to do in life.......other than create banging DnB?????????

Damn! I've been missing out! lol!

Maybe I should just go and throw a bunch of random sounds together with no real beat..........and repeatedly post it on here to annoy all you guys.......bit like that daboing guy!...........he's my new idol!:rinsed:

That's kinda like having sex with a blow up doll, satisfying but it's not the real thing :(

:D

Lol.... I hear you... but honestly it's a different mode for me.
I can literally sit there for 2+ hours making a Pad that has lots of different things going on in terms of Modulation.

Making something in Absynth 3, Chameleon, Zeta, Blue, Wusikstation, or Rhino can take on so many different avenues and compared to making say... a beat or a riff, or an entire track... it's kinda like comparing apples to oranges for me.

One of my favorite things to do is make a one finger patch that sounds like a bunch of different patches going at the same time. Ever evolving soundscapes rule.

Lol.... I hear you... but honestly it's a different mode for me.
I can literally sit there for 2+ hours making a Pad that has lots of different things going on in terms of Modulation.

Making something in Absynth 3, Chameleon, Zeta, Blue, Wusikstation, or Rhino can take on so many different avenues and compared to making say... a beat or a riff, or an entire track... it's kinda like comparing apples to oranges for me.

One of my favorite things to do is make a one finger patch that sounds like a bunch of different patches going at the same time. Ever evolving soundscapes rule.

That's taking it to a whole new level. I actually really enjoy making patches because it's endless and is really fun!!

Making an actual song is more frustrating and time intensive though, which is a downside to making music.

That's taking it to a whole new level. I actually really enjoy making patches because it's endless and is really fun!!

Making an actual song is more frustrating and time intensive though, which is a downside to making music.

It really is endless... just like making music. There's so many different colors, and so many ways to put them together it's silly. This is why people like us will always have a hobby when it comes to painting sound:D

Honestly, the most time intensive chore for me when it comes to making music is the 'listening' aspect.... I have to listen to stuff over and over and over...

For instance, "Overdue" was about 7+ hours of "work", lol... and I would say probably half of that time was spent bloody listening to the track - checking out the mix on different setups, listening to edits/fills over and over and over, and trying out different patch combinations for different riffs, not to mention time spent(wasted, 'lol') checking out different effects on different riffs/etc.

In the end, it's all worth it though... because we get to sit there and listen to our creations and enjoy the subtle things that we feel we do best.

Back
Top Bottom