arent the olympics just a load of old shit!

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by lokki, Aug 15, 2004.

1. lokki

lokki JUNGLIST FROM DEYA

The olympics is proper shit innit.

its like who can run the fastest, who can throw the stick the furthest, who can fire a fukin air rifle best??? all the cack countries win stuff, ...shite

pants!

I hate it!

Roll on World Cup!

:nadia:-cmon portugal!!!!! haha!

2. 12 inch grinch

12 inch grinch Active Member

olympics are shit accsept rifle shooting thATS great fun....

3. SPo0n

SPo0n Lurker alert!

womens volleyball is wicked, the rest is crap

4. Indi

Indi Tha Original ThreadKilla!

yes so we can see who does the best fake diving, best penalty miss and best pub garden gymnastics :tosser:

5. moriaty

moriaty Active Member

word
    lokki, that post is full of cack mate, FYI, the olympics are all about global cease fire,( which unfortunately doesent happen any more), little countries getting exposure and people of all colours, religions, and arse size getting together in peace, and thats something you should cherish, as its a very rare phenomenon in our times.

And to make a bitter comment:
    I couldnt expect a broader mind from someone coming from the country whoses most popular newspaper is The Sun...

burn on if ya feel like mate. ya know i say what i mean, always.

6. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

Now that's nice (y)

SPo0n likes this.
  7. Shauny.T.

Shauny.T. Guest

When are they going to put more extreme sports in the olympics that would make it a bit more interesting, or another way to make it more interesting would be to make sprinters run round the track being chased by rabid pittbulls, now I would would definately watch that. :thumbsup:

8. V Matt

V Matt Member

Still laughing hard about Puerto Rico thrashing the US in the basketball

I don't really find the Olympics that interesting either, good when people from the smaller countries win golds though :applause:

9. Shauny.T.

Shauny.T. Guest

Did not here about it, but did they really, now that is funny. :uberlaugh

10. lokki

lokki JUNGLIST FROM DEYA

wouldnt touch the Sun with a barge pole! haha!

Anyway the olympics ae cack! It cost billions of punds and when its over what then??? I can think of better ways to spend that kinda money...thrid world debt anyone?

hmmmm

global cease fire??????? not when ol' bushy bush is about i got a felling that he is still caning the fuck out of Iraq somehow!

just my opinion but global cease fire doesnt happen !!!!

My point is this: In a world where people are continually dying, getting bombed, starving, etc why should we spunk billions of quid on a fukin stupid oversized school sports day IMO.

Sorry to get political but you did start it! haha

11. lokki

lokki JUNGLIST FROM DEYA

oh yeah and what about teh 40 odd imigrants that died building the stadiums due to unsafe working conditions? They were told if they didnt work 7 days a week they would get sacked and because they had borrowed the cash to get there they couldnt aford to get sacked even tho they were getting paid fuck all!

Dont you think it is all just a bit fukin hypocrytical!????

Last edited: Aug 16, 2004
  12. moriaty

moriaty Active Member

We build a metro for the olympics. Future commuters will be using for ages to come.
    6 new stadiums, so when home teams play in Europe, all the European cunts [:teeth:] will see how pretty our stadiums are, and might wana check it out.
    And i wont even start analysing how much better Athens traffic is with new roads, traffic control measures etc. I ll just note, that to get from my suburb to central athens, at peak time, two years back ,it yould take ya round 1 1/2 hours, now it takes ya less than 30 min. and thats with an extra million tourist in town.

like i said, sadly it doesent happen, beacuse of cunts like Twat, i mean Bush...
    But global truce is the fundamental meaning of the olympiada, and back in the days, nation that didnt comply with it where banned from the games for life, let alone invaded by teh Hardcore Spartans [teeth]

simplest example: Iraq is getting bombed the fuck out, ok?
    They win a few gold metals in the olympics..

Viewers in the world see that, and start to get interested in Iraq (jus like people got interested about greece after getting the Euro Cup )

The same people react to the fact that Iraq, the country theyre interested in, is getting bombed.

Iraq stops getting bombed.

It might sound naive, and ofcourse a medal wont stop a war, but an International responce, can.

And scuse my arrogance, the olympic games, both modern and ancient, were here before third world debt, famine and Bin laden..with that in mind, we got every right to keep them goin, beeing the most ancient global event

I bet my cock, that you read that in the tabloids, as its uterly out of context.

The workers new exactly what they were getting into. no one threaten them with sackin if they didnt work 7 days. The requirements for this job was that you need to work 7 days a week for the next 2 months, with 5 days holidays to your own likin.
    Those workers got paid 15.75 euros per hour, in contrast to 3.50 an hour, thats the basic in athens, exactly because the work was fukin hard.
    The working conditions were dodgy, just like all working enviroments in Greece, and that doesent come from the employers, but from the workers, who traditionaly drink Amstels with their lunch.
    And whether they couldnt get back to their homes, thats coz 90% of em live in Albania, and no one asked them to come here anyway. (that might sound racist at first, but read it a few times and yall geddit)

Lokki, no worries about getting political. I just suggest before you get into it, sort out your sources mate.
    Ask someone who lives in the fucking country, not the ones who love to hate it...
    :monkey: :rtfm:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2004
  13. moriaty

moriaty Active Member

at least teh Boss aproves...:D:D:D
    :jackson:

14. Serum

Serum Well-Known Member

This thread's a bit negative, there's nothing wrong with the olympics. There's talent there at least.
    I think it's a fair way of spending some dollars.
    Every country gets to play in it and it's something for the sporting types to aim for and get some recognition.

Now here's an idea about third world debt as someone brought it up....
    How every promoter gives all the money they would spend on MCs to the third world. That'd be a nice gesture

15. mesh

mesh Active Member

the meaning of the ancient Olympics was proving how efficient you are at kicking the shit out of your enemy in battle.

I agree with a lot of Lokki's points re. host city politics, immigrant labour is abused, 'socially unattractive' people like the poor and homeless are kicked about more than usual, and ... I could go on BUT ---

I LOVE watching top level sport, basketball, ladies beach volleyball :D track, all that stuff. Its fantastic

even rhythmic gymnastics
    :nadia:

and midget weightlifters :lol:

16. Ab0|2Ti0N

Ab0|2Ti0N WHAT THE FUCK IS JUICE???

hmmm, camel toes. :lickface:

I like men's floor dance. all bout' them flare's and spindles, all bboy status. :bounce:

17. lokki

lokki JUNGLIST FROM DEYA

mate! i dont read tabloids!!! i have heard that from many different sources including Panorama, Newsnight, Radio 4, and The Guardian!

I am not having a go at Greece as a country as all countries have certain idiot politicians involved things like this happen.

It is 10000% true! and no i didnt get it from the sun, news of the world, or any such toilet paper!

18. lokki

lokki JUNGLIST FROM DEYA

however ...

i was watching archery earlier and found it strangely interesting????!!!!!

19. lokki

lokki JUNGLIST FROM DEYA

EXACTLY read between the lines guys!!!!

also that thing about rythmic gymnastics....is that a sexual event?

20. lokki

lokki JUNGLIST FROM DEYA

but then i would have hoped we could have progressed to a greater state of humanity by now!
    I am not against the olympics as a concept it is just that somehow (as with everything else) when u get the likes of billions of dollars, and old ronald mcdonald involved ..it leaves a very sour taste!

And i am not against Greece as a country at all! I love the place and the people (the ones ive met portsmouth uni has a v.large Greek community) I am against the way the west pisses in the face of the starving and then invites a few to the party!!!

:boobies: